Author Topic: Looking for a friend for Joe  (Read 4357 times)

Offline SarahS

• Site Member
Re: Looking for a friend for Joe
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »
Thank you for both of these leads on Baby and Holly - we have e-mailed for both. We totally understand the comment about crying so much - even two and a half weeks on we can't stop ourselves welling up.

Let's hope for some luck with one - or even both! - of these beautiful girls.

Thank you

I am so pleased you have contacted them.  She looks so lovely.  I think it is meant to be easier to introduce a girl once you have a boy in the house already. My sister has contacted them about the labrador they have.  So fingers crossed for both dogs.  Best wishes

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
I hope you get a friend for you baby soon, I lost my dog 13 months ago, for me......crying seemed never ending, I'm also looking to rescue a cocker, but its not as easy as it sounds, I've emailed and completed 4 applications on this site but its based on a first come first served basis, (which is only fair) but I feel I'm never 1st!! or is it just me being impatient!!!!! (probably!!) ;)

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »
We have completed an adoption form for Baby who is being fostered in North West London. We are awaiting news on Holly from 4Paws. You do seem to have to move very quickly, I agree, and we also have to make sure that Joe is happy with any possible new friend. All fingers - and paws - are crossed here! :D

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 07:47:43 PM »
Hi all. We have submitted for Baby. I was typing so fast and so nervously that I hope we got it all in. Joey seems to be lower at weekends and we really want to find the right chum for him in our new baby. Thanks and again all fingers and paws crossed! I can't type about how bereft we are still about Jaspy but we really want to focus on moving forward and giving a lovely dog a lovely home. I am hoping.

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 08:19:13 PM »
Hi all

Just to update you it seems that Baby is reserved pending home checks - great news for her but sadly it's not for us since we're not the lucky people. :'( I guess we'll just keep looking. Thanks for all your best wishes.

Offline Mrs G

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30:12 PM »
 :'( sorry to hear that dawnie, I hope you find a new addition soon. I too am still looking I feel like i've been looking ages (well a month almost to the day!) I dont know if that a long time or not as I had my first cocker from a pup. hopefully we'll both get lucky soon.  ;)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
We are awaiting news on Holly from 4Paws. You do seem to have to move very quickly, I agree, and we also have to make sure that Joe is happy with any possible new friend. All fingers - and paws - are crossed here! :D

I'm afraid (for you anyway) that Holly is being homechecked for her possible new home tomorrow. We do get cockers in from time to time so worth keeping an eye out
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »
Thanks Penny - I had checked out the website and saw that Holly was "reserved". We're keeping an eye out wherever we can at the moment.

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »

Hi, I am quite new to the site, we lost our 15 year old golden cocker Lucy last summer and we were devastated...we then lost Bracken our old boy golden cocker last month aged 13 and we were upset again.  We now have 5 month old litter mates... boys Beri and Bramble and the pain is easier .

I hope you find another cocker soon.......x  :D  I have been on the site about a week now and I am finding it so useful.  Wish we had space for more cockers !!!   :D
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
Thank you for your mail. I have to admit that I am becoming more tempted by the puppy route but not sure how our old chap Joe would take to that with some youngsters to look after! We'll keep looking though.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 02:35:51 PM »
Dawnie, you'll probably find that getting the right puppy form a good breeder will take just as much time and complication. Wait it out and either way your perfect doggie will find you.  ;)
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline *kimbo*

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
Dawnie, just posted on a couple of Ex breeding bitches from Many Tears. There are a few COL's that have taken these special dogs on they hopefully will come along and give you some advice as its not straight forward. If you have the love and the time........

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »
Really appreciate the heads up - thank you so much. They both look like darlings and we're following up. :blink:

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
Hello all

Just to let you know that we spoke with Many Tears but have run into a problem because our remaining cocker isn't castrated. We never had Jasper and Joe "done" - our vet wasn't that pushy about it and our preference was not to - and I understand Many Tears' policy is to insist all animals in the household are neutered.  I do appreciate their position but unfortunately it means we can't be considered by them unless and until we have Joe castrated - not necessarily something we had contemplated at his older age, unless medically necessary.

So for us we are back to the drawing board and we'll need to have a think about where to go from here. :huh:

Thanks all

Offline dawnie

• Site Member
Re: Looking for a friend for Joe - HECTOR!
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »
Well all we have taken the plunge and bought a new puppy! We went to see a breeder in Kent on Sunday and chose Hector,  :luv: who we can pick up March 12. I am already a nervous wreck thinking about bringing Hector and Joe together!

We will take pictures when we go to visit Hector on Sunday. I am so excited about our new family member. I am sure Joe is going to be a real sweetie with the little one!