Cocker Specific Discussion > Grooming

What is hand stripping?

<< < (14/14)

tracey:
Surfing Spaniel, Are You intending to show Dylan?
If so don`t use the coat king. The coat must be handstripped :) If You are not going to show then it`s o.k to use the coat king till the coat stops coming out. The front of the legs and the head can be trimmed with thinning scissors. Again the head should be done by hand if You want to show.
Tracey :)                    

Surfing Spaniel:
Hiya
Thanx for the reply, no I'm not intending to show him. I know the breeder did mention being careful of 'tram lines' when you use the Coat King, but he seems fine. I think Ive got a long way to go till its all out though, I'll do a bit each day, he seems to prefer this to being combed.                    

tracey:
You`ll certainly get more out with a coat king than You would with a comb  ;)As long as You dont dig into the coat You should get a good even finish. :)
Tracey :)                    

Magic Star:

--- Quote from: Surfing Spaniel on November 05, 2003, 02:01:29 PM ---II bet you cant wait to see what Indie looks like, can you post a pic for me :)  

--- End quote ---

I can't wait your right ;D  I am so excited about seeing her :D  Of course I will post before and after pictures, thats if we can get her to keep still ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Michele:
Glad you have found this thread useful and we'd love to see the results of your efforts but as this thread is 5 pages long already I am going to lock it now, so can you please start a new one when you have some pics to show us.
thanks
Michele                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version