Author Topic: Insurance cover query  (Read 3452 times)

Offline hblower

• Site Member
Insurance cover query
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »
Does anyone know if you can increase the cover level on a life time policy oay renewal once you start claiming for lifetime illness? Orin just been diagnosed diabetes and is insured with animal friends. At the moment the yearly limit we have is £2000 bit when the policy tenews in June can I take out more cover so I am covered for a higher amount I realise I will have to pay more

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Insurance cover query
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
While cant answer this, am wondering if waiting till renewal comes in and see if it has increased or not, and then speak with them about about cover - to Superior Plus which is £4000, you might be in a better place to discuss it with them prior to renewal.  Ollie is with them too.

Have a look at past threads on Animal Friends as someone might have posted, know a few of us use them

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »
Just be careful as they might class it as a new policy and exclude any existing illness.  If it is a 2000 per year limit which renews even though it is pre existing condition it might not be worth upgrading and at least you will have in theory 2000 annually towards the costs of his treatment.  Can only recommend you read your small print on your policy for renewals.

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:06:35 PM »
I changed insurers in March and have taken out the middle lifetime cover of £7000. When I asked if I could change the level of cover when it comes to renewal I was told it would be no problem to reduce the level of cover, but to raise it would require their consideration. I'm now with Petplan.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
Darwin was serious ill 6 weeks before the end of his insurance year, so I claimed upto the limit (£3000) on our John Lewis policy.  I was given me the price of increasing our cover to £7500 and because I had been given the quote they had to honour it.

But I think if you had made large claims in a year they may not want to increase your cover for subsequent years.  This may explain why the cost of Darwin's cover has increased so dramatically this year