Author Topic: She Knew She was on Holiday  (Read 681 times)

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
She Knew She was on Holiday
« on: August 29, 2010, 05:27:37 PM »
A few weeks ago we took the girls to Cornwall, it was a long drive and we got them up at 4am and bundled them in the car with no breakfast. They seemed bewildered but soon fell asleep. We stopped off many times on the long journey so they could stretch their legs and have a drink. Anyhow 7 hours later we arrived in Cornwall a little early to get into our cottage so we drove to the sea front. The second I opened the car door Bella became really excited doing her high pitched yipping and woo wooing, one whiff of the sea air and she knew she was at the seaside bless her and happy to be on holiday. I felt a bit teary eyed to see how happy and excited she was. :luv:
I don't why the seaside does this to her but the moment she gets sand between her toes she goes mad.  :005:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Victoria25

• Donator
  • Perfect Poppy (almost!)
Re: She Knew She was on Holiday
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 06:31:58 PM »
Lovely. Poppy is exactly the same. I have never seen her so happy as when she is on the beach!
Poppy is now one! Watch her first year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVqf3TnIL6c

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »
It makes it all worthwile to see how happy & excited they become.  :shades: :luv: :luv:   Did you take any pics?  :shades:

I love taking our 3 on holiday, especially to Cornwall.  :D

If you are planning another trip that way, PM me & i will let you know about a fab beautiful, quiet beach near Gorran Haven.

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
I did take loads of pics and I will post some later.  :D
I will also PM you as its good to know of dog friendly beaches it willl help with planning next years holidays.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »
Ellie goes mad as soon as we go into the holiday cottage as she knows then that she is on holiday.  She barks & barks with happiness & excitement.

I remember once in Wales when the cottage owner came round just after we got there to check everything was alright.  She was met by Ellie hurtling round and round the garden snatching as many flower heads off the flowers as she could.  Lucklily she has a dog and fully understood.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 10:42:56 PM »
Ah thats so lovely to hear, that she gets so excited about the seaside, it really must be a holiday for her as much as you. Freya is a lucky girl as we are at the beach practially every day but it is still just as exciting for her. In the horsebox on the way to the beach with the donkeys, she will sleep on the seat next to me until we reach the , then takes a whiff of the sea air and hangs out of the window for the rest of the journey  :005: Even if we walk through the town centre she knows which roads lead to the beach and does her best to drag me down each one as we pass  ::)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 10:51:12 PM »
Aw, how lovely, I hope you got loads of pics? :luv:

We used to take Gari to St Andrews every April (plus other holidays later on), but he would get so excited when we got to the caravan, and once we had unpacked, we would go out of the back of the caravan park that led onto the East Sands, and he would run down the cliff face and right into the sea! ph34r  I always panicked, but he would then come back up again, and then run around mad for ages. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
Our two know as soon as we're off. They usually get bored in the car after 45 minutes or so on shorter trips, but as soon as they get squeezed into the little corner of boot available for them for a 4 hour + hike (we do stop halfway for a break) they are quiet as mice. Then when we get there I take them for an explore and run and they are ecstatic  :D