Author Topic: We are here now  (Read 532 times)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
We are here now
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
Hi, We have now arrived and all safe and sound, we moved from Australia to Rome have now been here 3 1/2 weeks! Dogs arrived the day after us very happy to see us the happy squeals and barks that came out of the crates made everyone on the loading dock look to see what was comming out of the crates (only 2) we came emirates  Sydney Dubai Rome, they came on Malaya's so  they went Syd, KL,Rome,( with no credit card for shopping in KL), so quite a flight.I'll leave out the long story on how it took another 3 1/2 hours to get them out of the airport. Pm me if anyone is going to take their dog to Rome and I'll give details. They have made Italian dog friends, I'm quite surprised Indi has always been bossy and a little fiesty, but she seems to have accepted the Italian way of being calm around other dogs. At first at the park (grass strip along the Vatican) if the other dogs were playing a little to rough not her she would walk towards the path and give me a look of I want to go home, which we would do she is now quite comfortable. Kody he just takes everything in his stride nothing seems to bother him unless its a full male then he is jealous I think and not a happy boy at home would let out a loud growl, he did it once here and seemed to take the hint that its not what you do here and has been fine so far. Its amazing I might have read to much into this but at home in their park they all had their own set of rules and now the other dogs give them the rules but not a grumble out of any dog it was just accepted its not our park. Anyway what I'd like to find out is where everyone gets different products from on line. I was given the zoo one where I can order from the English one and get it delivered here it Italy which is a very good price I think, Royal Canin  Cocker one 41.99 13kl if you buy from Italian site 64.00 from memory in Australia I pay $73.00 7kl and a few other things seem so much cheaper in Europe. I' also looking for a stripping knife and some good products for shampoo,conditioner, general coat care. I found a cocker breeder here www.zahircocker.it  lovely young lady gave my two a haircut which they desperately needed as we came from winter to 30+ days . Only clipped the ears and neck and stripped the rest for 50.00 each which seemed very good no one at home would do it for that. Also trying to find obedience club, agility and find out out if any field trials here could take me some timeas I've discovered I'm not very good at learning a new language it could be the fact I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Thanks appreciate help with different products in Europe.
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: We are here now
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »
Welcome to Europe! :shades: I'm glad you all arrived safely and are settling in well to your new life. I can't really help on sourcing grooming products as we don't do much grooming but Zooplus is definitely good for food, treats, toys etc.

We'll definitely need some photos of Rome and you guys enjoying it! :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/