Author Topic: Madame has become a lady  (Read 403 times)

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

• Rowan Liver Roan
Madame has become a lady
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »
It's another be careful what you wish for for me. For 18 months Rowan has been a typical cocker, loveable rouge, mischievous bundle of fun, cheek and character. She was brilliant in the house and a devil outside (even the puppy class trainer couldn't master recall with her). She was a wee steam train on a lead, dashing head first into every awkward situation she could get into. First season comes at 18 1/2 months and now I have a still beautiful and loveable dog BUT now so calm, sensible and elegant. She still mooches food but never steals, we still get a lovely welcome but not an out and out "cocker bath" where she jumped from the floor onto our head (and we are both 6ft tall). She's still so loving but more controlled and aloof and outside, well she just walks with us now (still on a long lead right enough) but if anything we pull her now and not the other way round (although her eyesight might account for some of that). We still love her to bits, and her us. It's just different and I can't put my finger on the magical "x" that is different. Has anybody else noticed this? Is it puppy to adult, post season or just that they can't be that crazy for ever  :005:
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.

Offline Carolynleah

Re: Madame has become a lady
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »
Well Nerys is now three and a half, and showing no sign at all of becoming a lady!  She still bounces and spins and goes deaf outside  :005:  I think she is planning on being crazy her whole life  :005:

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: Madame has become a lady
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:03:43 PM »
Bonnie Boo is six and a half and still cocker bonkers :lol: A ladee she is not.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet