Author Topic: My WCS eating/chewing skill is off the scale  (Read 229 times)

Offline PeteQ60

My WCS eating/chewing skill is off the scale
« on: March 17, 2024, 05:43:39 PM »
If you check my introduction, you see I'm a total newbie WCS owner. Now at 7 months after inheriting her at Christmas. We're into our regular gun dog training sessions now which of course is 90% training me and 10% Her. But I just had to report a phenomenon I have never seen before (and as I'm in my mid 60s there isn't much I haven't seen or tried) she got hold of one of the kids Apple Ear buds (she's already swallowed a USB stick with no apparent ill effect) she obviously realised she had a high value item as all of a sudden all the families attention was on her. I tried my "failsafe" exchange trade, chopped sausage which she cannot resist. But to my amazement she somehow managed to retain the ear bud in her mouth and consume the sausage. I have to say those are impressive skills!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: My WCS eating/chewing skill is off the scale
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 06:22:50 PM »
But to my amazement she somehow managed to retain the ear bud in her mouth and consume the sausage. I have to say those are impressive skills!

But not necessarily safe - best change your 'swapsies' maybe  ph34r
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 07:09:13 PM »
Molly aged 18 weeks. We constantly have our fingers in her mouth. Either trying to remove some offending item or being used as chews. A sock has been dragged out by a thread. She will take anything within reach and boy o boy it's amazing her reach.  As you say swops don't work. I secretly hope she eats all the fridge magnets then we can hang her on the fridge door  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 10:03:44 PM »
Molly aged 18 weeks. We constantly have our fingers in her mouth. Either trying to remove some offending item or being used as chews. A sock has been dragged out by a thread. She will take anything within reach and boy o boy it's amazing her reach.  As you say swops don't work. I secretly hope she eats all the fridge magnets then we can hang her on the fridge door  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:lol:  :005: :005: you are wicked Min!

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 09:10:42 AM »
When we got married and got our first pup, we had a lot of books, nearly all mine. OH had about six (he wasn't a reader then), football books. The pup unerringly picked his books off the shelf and chewed them, didn't touch mine. Guess he preferred rugby!
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo