Author Topic: Upset Tum  (Read 1276 times)

Offline ETavernor

• Site Member
Upset Tum
« on: May 11, 2004, 04:03:27 PM »
I wonder if anyone can offer any advice on an ongoing problem our cocker Scooby is having.  Until four months ago Scooby ate Hills puppy food and then at twelve months we changed him onto the Pedigree Complete dry food.  About three weeks ago Scooby started with an upset stomach so we fed him boiled rice.  After a couple of days he was no better and we took him to the vet who prescribed a kaolin/probiotic  medicine. After ten days of this and boiled rice Scooby was still fairly loose but we started to introduce the Pedigree again.   After a full meal of this he was very poorly, sick four times and trembling.  He is now back on the rice but still with very loose bowel movements.  I think we will now definitely have to avoid the Pedigree in the future.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be other than an intolerance to the Pedigree?  Can any one recommend a food that might be more suitable for Scooby?

Thanks

Emma                    

scoobie

Upset Tum
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 04:26:02 PM »
Hi Emma
I also have a cocker named scoobie who is fed raw but I am not asking you to do this because you will need to read up about it first a lot of people on here do feed chicken wings as well a shop bought dog food.
I used to feed scoobie on jwb which didn't suit him I then tried burns which is a very good dog food as well as nature diet because they are not full of nasty additives and preservatives I personally wouldn't touch pedigree with a ten foot barge pole . I have had loads of health problems with scoobs that's why I will never feed commercial again.. the Burns although a good food didn't seem to satisfy his appetite and he was always scavenging(a cocker trait I know- but this was ridicolous) It's up to you but whatever you decide please change over very gradually because you will only upset his stomach even more
All the best
Edith and scoobie :lol:  :)                    

scoobie

Upset Tum
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 06:51:21 PM »
Emma it's me again ..just a thought also be wary of what treats your giving to scooby as well because they may also contain stuff that is causing the problem. Just look at the contents of the dog food and stay clear of things like 'meat and animal' derivatives because you don't really know exactly what they are hope this helps and that little scooby gets better very soon
Edith                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Upset Tum
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 06:32:48 PM »
Hi Emma,

I agree with Edith, wouldn't touch pedigree products with Edith's ten foot barge pole :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Has he been wormed recently, just a thought.  I think Burns is a very good dry food with no nasties in it, but I feed raw like Edith so can't really reccommend a good dry food other than Burns.  My mum uses Burns venison and brown rice for her cocker and she loves it.

Naturediet is also a no nasty food but its moist and comes in a carton, its not dry food.  I have seen a make called Gelert in Tescos which claims to be free of nasties but I've never tried it myself :lol:  :lol:

Why not try Scoobs with some scrambled egg, that usually binds them up a bit when they're loose.

Good luck hope he recovers soon

Linda and Jess                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

scoobie

Upset Tum
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »
I have seen a make called Gelert in Tescos which claims to be free of nasties but I've never tried it myself :lol:  :lol:

Ooh Linda you don't know what your missing :lol:
Edith]                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Upset Tum
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 01:29:40 PM »
Tee hee  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx