Author Topic: Any Theories?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Any Theories?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2004, 09:00:31 AM »
Hi,
She had one on top of her head that my young son thought was her brain.
From Karen

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Oh Bless.........

Sorry Sheryl I cannot offer any advice, but I do hope that you get this sorted out sooner rather than later.

Louise                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Any Theories?
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2004, 06:39:36 PM »
My old dog Jamie started licking and biting the top of his front paw.  Due to all the hair, it was very difficult to see what it was - there was no obvious lump.  I found out what it was when he was sitting on my knee and I just put my hand on his paw - and SPLAT - we both got a bit of a shock to be hit in the face by blood and pus  :shock:

It was a very soft infected lump, caused by licking and sweat between the toes.  The vet prescribed anitbiotics to clear up the infection and hibiscrub as aftercare.  I continued with the hibiscrub for a while and the problem didn't return.

Until you see the vets, cleaning the area with hibiscrub or iodine wash/solution will keep it clean and will help to ease any infection.                    

Offline PennyB

Any Theories?
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2004, 09:50:12 PM »
If you can't get hold of the hibiscrub then warm salt water will help with any infection and keep it clean                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Any Theories?
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2004, 10:20:53 PM »
OK  Will bathe it a couple of times a day until I get Chloe to the vet.  I just wonder about the wart theory.  Chloe also had a wart on top of her head. :)   It started to get infected and it was taken off with the dire warning that it may grow back :?   So far so good...  I have noticed that she has loads ( and I mean loads) of little pea size cysts.  I think they are cysts because when you move the hair away, the skin of them is the same colour as the rest of her, not red or anything.  She has some under her ears and chin and neck too.  Oh damn and blast the little beggar, I don't ever recall getting this much stress with my kids :wink:   I was holding out for a directors chair in the vets with Chloes name on but the way things are going I think it may have to be a complete wing.!!  Not long to go anyway so I will be put out of my misery soon enough.  Thanks to everyone for your ideas, I will let you know on Wednesday.

Sheryl, Holly dog and Chloe cost-a-lot.                    
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe