Author Topic: Wormer  (Read 382 times)

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
Wormer
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:51 PM »
Ollie isn't due his wormer for another month! But the wormer he had last time seemed a bit soft and 'off'! He's been doing a lot of scooting and natting at his bum  ph34r !

His anal glands were only done about 2 months ago so don't think they will be too bad! Would it harm him to worm him now - a month earlier???

Thanks

L&O x

Offline mooching

Re: Wormer
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »
I'd suggest you have his anal glands checked out first. At times my Cav needed his emptying every 6 weeks (until I changed his food).

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »
Sounds like anal glands to me. William has to have his done every couple of months because they are slightly in the wrong place  :o (my vet describes them as floating) and just can't empty naturally. Luckily they haven't been infected yet and he's very good when he has them done. He always wags his tail at the vet and gives him/her Cocker kisses until the rubber glove appears. Then he sits down very firmly  :005: but he's such a gentleman that he stands up as soon as I ask him to and buries his head in my shoulder until it's over and done with and he gets a liver treat from the vet.

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 01:47:10 PM »
Vets it is then!!!

L&O x