Author Topic: Wormcount Results  (Read 578 times)

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
Wormcount Results
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »
Had Bob tested to see if he had any worms
they sent me a kit i did what they asked and here are the results

Test Date   Dog   Toxacara Spp   Tapeworm Spp   Lungworm
16.08.12                Bob   <20 epg                    <20 epg     20 epg

Key              number of eggs per gram of poo

No eggs seen   <20 epg

Low                20 epg - 100 epg

Moderate    120 - 480 epg

High               > 480 epg

Offline jaybee

• Donator
Re: Wormcount Results
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »
Do they give you any interpretation of the results?

I don't know much about it really. Can a dog ever have no worms? Does 20 epg class as not having them?

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
Re: Wormcount Results
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »
Do they give you any interpretation of the results?

I don't know much about it really. Can a dog ever have no worms? Does 20 epg class as not having them?

Funny you should ask i did email her to ask what it all meant here is what she said

The result you have is the best result you could hope for! What it means is that in the sample that you sent we did not find any sign of parasites.  Statistically and scientifically it is incorrect for us to say that the sample is ‘clear’ as there is always a margin for error built in however, we did not see any worms or protozoa.  The Toxocara species are the nasty ones that you can catch.  They are the round worms.  The Tapeworm species we test for are Dipylidium Caninum, Taenia and Echinocochus – all of which can be passed on to humans and none were seen in Bob’s poo.  The lungworm is self explanatory I think.  For us to say that there were fewer than 20 eggs per gram of poo (<20 epg) is exactly what you want to see.  Anything higher would mean that there were some worms present and we would then have to look at your worming procedure for you.  As it is all is well.