Cocker Specific Discussion > Feeding

Barf

(1/14) > >>

silkstocking:
Hello there!! I just thought I'd start a topic about feeding......not sure that I've started it in the right place but nevermind!

I have two blue's and they are both fed on the BARF (bones and raw food) diet and I wondered if there were any other barfers out there?! to share meal ideas with.........or indeed if there was anyone interested in the BARF diet then I can fill you in.......i carried on from what my dogs breeder was doing, she feeds all her dogs BARF, now i'm a reall advocate of it!

Lisa x :D

Linda12:
I would like to know more about this. I use one of the well known 'complete' dried foods but keen to supplement with fresh food but not sure if I would then be giving unbalanced diet? :unsure:

Linda and Wallace

silkstocking:
Hi linda! BARF gives them everthing they need and it's so easy and cheaper!! Basically my dogs are fed on rotation meals like, scrambled egg and cottage cheese, toast and honey, pasta, rice, raw minced beef, raw minced chicken, raw minced tripe, lambe etc. They also have raw chicken wings which they love (the bones are small enough for them to break and digest), tinned tuna, mackeral, pilchards, they also have vegtable and fruit meals, porridge, stuff that you have in the cupboards so you never really run out of food!!

BARF makes their breathe fresher, the poos smaller and less stinky, because they are digest nearly everything, completes have e numbers and additives and god knows what in them!

My dogs breeder shows her dogs and has 10 cockers of her own, they are all fed BARF and thrive on it. I have two friends who changed from complete to BARF and noticed changes in their dogs like better coat condition and in the case of one who had a rescue dog who was very hyper and disliked other dogs a change in his behaviour for the better....I guess it's like a child with e numbers!!

You can add herbs to their food which helps to maintain fresh breathe and things like flax seed oil and kelp. They get everythingf they need and it is a very balanced diet if it is done properly, free from all the processed stuff that is added to complete foods.

There is a web site you might find interesting www.ukbarfclub.co.uk, it has articles and various other info from fellow BARFers!

Hope this helps!! Feel free to ask any more questions!! Lisa xx

--- Quote ---I would like to know more about this. I use one of the well known 'complete' dried foods but keen to supplement with fresh food but not sure if I would then be giving unbalanced diet? :unsure:

Linda and Wallace
[snapback]155395[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Penel:
Hello, I feed a raw natural diet and I'm afraid that doesn't include scrambled eggs and toast :lol:  but hey if that works for you then fine !!!!  :)   mine don't have grain either - so no rice, pasta etc.
I've posted quite a lot on the subject here on COL, they are all probably bored to death reading it  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

silkstocking:
Hi there!, mine love their scrambled eggs and cottage cheese and toast and honey! It was on their food list when I picked them up from their breeder so i just carried on with it!! Have to say toast and honey is quite a treat though! They love it!! :P

I give my two chicken wings and their are bones in the natures menu food they have (frozen stuff) what other raw bones do your dogs have? I'd like to add another kind to their diet
Thanks Lisa xxxxxxx

--- Quote ---Hello, I feed a raw natural diet and I'm afraid that doesn't include scrambled eggs and toast :lol:  but hey if that works for you then fine !!!!  :)   mine don't have grain either - so no rice, pasta etc.
I've posted quite a lot on the subject here on COL, they are all probably bored to death reading it  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[snapback]155405[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version