Author Topic: so proud of my little 'ooligan'  (Read 1567 times)

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
so proud of my little 'ooligan'
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »
Cinders is now 14 months old,  she is full of character and constantly makes  me laugh, with equal amounts of tearing my hair out

training is constantly 'work in progress'  particularly with recall.    but today my little 'ooligan' was a star

we had let her off lead in an area which is pretty safe, but you still have to be aware of others with their dogs and walkers along the river,  she did her initial looney bit but then concentrated hard on chasing her ball,  meanwhile, there was a loose dog,  running towards her,  I called her , she had a sniff hello to the other dog, a little bit of a run and bark,  at this time there was no owner in sight,     another call and she came running towards me,  the other dog was friendly fortunately  and  cinders  had a lovely play with the other dog which was lovely to see,  we continued throwing her ball and cinders focused on me and her ball,  occasionally having a bit of a run with the other dog when distracted, but with a call from me she would come running towards me

the owner showed up a little later,  cinders can be a bit vocal with folk she has not seen before, but she did a little bark, said
hello and then focused on me as if  to say come on just throw the ball,  the owners walked away with the other dog,   again Cinders just looked at me as if to say ignore them , this may not sound much but with my little 'ooligan' it is a huge step forward not sure how tomorrow with be because she is not if anything but unpredictable, but today she was my little star

don't you just love them

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: so proud of my little 'ooligan'
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 12:31:55 PM »
 :luv: its moments like this that make all the „hard work“ worth while, Cinders has realized you‘re far more interesting than another dog and that‘s a great place to be in!!! Well done to you and of course well done to the little star of the day!!  :clapdance:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
That is an achievement to be proud of, well done both of you.  Isn't it lovely when it starts to all come together.  Clever girl Cinders  :luv:

Offline daydreams

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:44:09 PM »
thank you for your comments

Cinders has been challenging, she is very hyper and very easily distracted, I think that is why I was so proud of her yesterday
she is my little star whatever she does, but yesterday she truly sparkled

x