Author Topic: Sometimes it's just meant to be  (Read 2335 times)

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
Sometimes it's just meant to be
« on: July 26, 2019, 08:27:04 PM »
Hi all I just wanted to update and share my news with you all. I lost my ruby on the 30th may and needless to say we were all devastated. Our hearts and home were empty  :'( After much thought I went to view some cocker puppies and I was quite shocked to feel a little empty. I thought I would do as I did with ruby and feel totally like it was the right decision, but I didn't. After a very restless night I decided I couldn't commit to a puppy so soon.
Fast forward 3 days and a man came into work with a 16 week old cockapoo. She was so friendly and immediately I felt a connection with her. He then went on to say they were having to rehome her as she was constantly getting attacked by their cats. So much so you could feel the scabs on her back and ears where they clawed her. Again I didn't rush in but spoke to my family and phoned the next day to see if she still needed a home. I was very sad to hear that his wife had already found someone. I put it down to it not being our time and wished them well with her. Two days later I received a call to say it had fallen through and were we still interested. I went to spend some time with her before definitely agreeing, but it really was meant to be. We had picked out a name that if we ever got another dog she would be called lottie, yep you guessed it, that was what she was called  ;)
She came home with us 3 weeks ago and it's like she has always been here. I still miss ruby so much, they are both so very different, but I guess when you let dogs in your heart, it's like kids and you have love enough for all of them.
So apologies for bringing a cockapoo story on here but wanted to share my happy story.
Not forgetting that my daughter who came to look at the puppies fell in love with a golden girl.They pick Nellie up tomorrow, so lottie and nellie are going to be hopefully the best of puppy pals  :luv:
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Sometimes it's just meant to be
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
Oh how lovely!!!  :luv: I‘m so pleased for you!! I‘m a strong believer in fate, some things are just meant to be!
Hope you‘re going to stay with us! - Lottie‘s a very special cocker after all  ;) and I‘m sure we‘re all looking forward to her updates!!
Wishing you all the best !!

Offline Darwin

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »
So so lovely. I’m sure Lottie will have a wonderful time being part of your family.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »
Happy for you  :clapping:. When we lose one of our beloved dogs it seems nothing will fill the hole in our hearts. But sooner or later the right dog will come along to heal the grief and bring happiness again. Have lots of fun with Lottie  :D

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 11:01:09 AM »
Welcome to Lottie, sure she will bring you much happiness, fun and love.  :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline revis

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »
How lovely for you and Lottie.There is always another little one waiting to get into your heart.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 05:21:11 PM »
That is amazing, and truly you were meant to have Lottie, she just took a long way round to the door of her forever home.  Ruby will always be in your heart and have her memories with you forever.  Love is elastic, it lets you bring another one into your family circle when it grows.  Welcome Lottie  :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 06:42:02 PM »
So happy for you, that you have found Lottie and my late Mum always said if it's meant to be....and her is Lottie.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
 :luv: brilliant news so happy for you these things are meant to be xx