Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Koslg

• Donator
Thank you
« on: September 13, 2019, 08:56:29 PM »
Hi. I just want to say a very belated thank you to everyone who passed on kind thoughts and wishes or gave advice in January this year. My late dog Humbug limped in November but by January when I insisted something was wrong he was diagnosed with cancer. 8 months on I’m healing. I have a puppy - but not a cocker I’m afraid. There was only room for one perfect spangle for me. Maybe in the distant future. But for now I’ve a mini dachsund called Merlin. He’s helping my heart heal.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
I can quite understand that, I went from a GSD to a mongrel to Humphrey. I love(d) them all dearly but was always aware of not trying to replace them.
So pleased that little Merlin is working his magic and helping to heal your heart. I wish you all the best and many happy years together. Don‘t forget to look in on us occasionally!
Best of luck!  ;)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »
While I can also understand, I am delighted that your new little friend is helping....each little four legged friend brings there own little ways to lift your saddened heart....

take care and don't feel you have to leave us
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »
So pleased you have a new best friend in your life, wishing you many happy years together. We look forward to hearing about his adventures.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 01:20:40 PM »
I know how heart wrenching it is to lose the best cocker in the world.  I had to have another dog so I went to a rescue kennel and brought home a scruffy terrier, who definitely doesn’t bring back the images of the melting cocker features. It took me a year to actually look at a cocker on walks, eventually I felt the urge to stroke a gorgeous brown one, asked the owners, and hugged it, almost showing my tears. I’ve been ok since.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.