Author Topic: Can barely see through tears to type - 5yr old Cocker in for emergency spinal op  (Read 13072 times)

Offline LiliPickles

Hey everyone,

Sorry for not updating for such a long time, life has been chaos. Lili's spinal recovery has gone exceptionally well, and I had intended to post an update after her twelve week appointment with the ortho surgeon this week, but we had to cancel it as she came down with pyometra and less that forty-eight hours after surgery has developed an infection. 

I've put the whole scenario in a different thread (hope that's okay) www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?action=post;topic=117821.150;last_msg=1696475 Please say a prayer for her, I'm heartbroken to think after beating the odds with her spinal surgery that she will fall down now with this infection.

Thank you all for the lovely words of support and encouragement for her spinal surgery, I know all the positive energy from this board helped her get through that. I really hope that the love your guys have shown her can get her through this too.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Oh no!! Poor little mite!! Sending all the good wishes and healing thoughts I can conjure up and hope with all my heart that she pulls through!! She's proved herself to be a fighter though, I'm sure she'll make it! Please keep us updated!!  :luv:

Offline LiliPickles

Hey everyone,

Thought I should pop a quick note here too linking to the other thread http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=118342.msg1702120#msg1702120 Saw the ortho surgeon who operated on her back in November and he's pleased with her progress. He wants us to start building up to off lead exercise in another four weeks once her spine will be (we hope!) back to nearer full strength and once she's totally over the pyometra complications. She's allowed to continue hydro for a bit too (which she won't mind at all, because she loves it haha!) and we've got to go back for another spinal check up in a few months time. Here's hoping we get to that appointment without any further dramas.

Big hugs and many thanks to all of you who have supported us through all this. I'll keep you updated with any changes, but I'm hoping to put this run of bad luck for Lili behind us now. 

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Hey everyone,

Thought I should pop a quick note here too linking to the other thread http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=118342.msg1702120#msg1702120 Saw the ortho surgeon who operated on her back in November and he's pleased with her progress. He wants us to start building up to off lead exercise in another four weeks once her spine will be (we hope!) back to nearer full strength and once she's totally over the pyometra complications. She's allowed to continue hydro for a bit too (which she won't mind at all, because she loves it haha!) and we've got to go back for another spinal check up in a few months time. Here's hoping we get to that appointment without any further dramas.

Big hugs and many thanks to all of you who have supported us through all this. I'll keep you updated with any changes, but I'm hoping to put this run of bad luck for Lili behind us now.

Brilliant update!, SO happy for both Lily and you, hope she continues to make good progress and that you can both put all the distress of the last few months behind you!! What a little fighter she is, you must be so proud of her! Hugs, licks and best wishes Jayne nd Humphrey  :luv: :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
Thank you so much for the update, I was wondering how things were.  Great news, and I really hope Lilli continues to get well. 

Offline lescef

That's lovely to read. X
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Darwin

So so pleased for you that Lilli is recovering so well, also I little green with envy as her recovery has been so much better than Darwin's!

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
So pleased for you. Hugs to you and Lilli :luv: :luv:
Stephanie George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum