Author Topic: Alfie did me proud tonight.  (Read 3243 times)

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
Re: Alfie did me proud tonight.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
 :D aww well done alfie  wot a clever boy :luv:  :luv: cant wait to see pics with you and the rossette  :D
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »
Well done Alfie :D We've shown several "and whites" so I can sympathise on the nightmare of keeping them clean on a show day :005: Like Michelle says, you have to be ultra careful where you take them for a wee at a show - no going through long grass or jumping in puddles :lol2: We don't use whitening sprays at a show (not really allowed by our KC) but might sprinkle some talc onto any grubby areas (making sure it's all brushed out before the dog goes in the ring). On really wet show days, those all-in-one trouser suits really come into their own so might be worth investing in one for Alfie ;)
Jane

jarbaha

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »
well done alife  :luv:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »
- I was thinking of the ears - Dax gets his everywhere no matter how careful I am  :005: 

Snoods on show day for walking  ;)

We don't use whitening sprays at a show (not really allowed by our KC)

They aren't whitening sprays so much as waterless shampoo and some have a bit of bluing (like laundry bluing  :005:) to help restore the white. Doesn't really alter the coat colour as just help the white get whiter. Don't know if you can use it or not though  :embarassed:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »
They aren't whitening sprays so much as waterless shampoo and some have a bit of bluing (like laundry bluing  :005:) to help restore the white. Doesn't really alter the coat colour as just help the white get whiter. Don't know if you can use it or not though  :embarassed:

We're not really meant to use anything for show preparation except water according to KC rules. Of course, that's not to say everyone follows the rules to the letter as you do frequently see cans of this and that being liberally sprayed around at shows ph34r :005:
Jane

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »
Fantastic!!!!

Well done to you both  :D
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »
well done to you and Alfie  :luv:

You must be grinning from ear to ear - and so you should be too  :D

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »
Me thinks you're getting a taste for this  :shades:

Well Done Patsy & Alfie

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »
Congratulations to you and Alfie  :D

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »
Ok, I tried to get a decent pic, but those rosettes were just too tempting.  ::) :005:

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 11:01:12 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: oh Alfie ... iz not supposed to eeeet em .. iz supposed to gaze at em  :005: Daxlet ....

Lovely Picture Patsy ....  ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 11:20:38 PM »
Aww bless him!  :luv: Nice rosettes too!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline sam jane

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »
Well done Alfie, puppy cockers are allowed to be a bit naughty :angel:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
Thankyou for your comments, I take it you are going to a local ring craft, which one, as I am always on the look out for more classes, the limit show you were at does a monthly meeting at Crossens, 2nd wednesday of the month, which includes a match night, we are hoping to take Rosie's pup, Taya to the next meeting, would be lovely to see you there. ;)

We go to a ringcraft in Skemersdale, not local to me atall really, but it was recommended and we really enjoy it there. Alfie has progressed so much since going there, but we decided to go back to the old local ringcraft this week were they have matches , just to keep me on my toes.  :005: TBH it was Richard with the curly coated retrievers (do you know him, I am sure he takes a ringcraft class in Southport?) who we met up with in Skem, and he pushed me into entering Alf at the limited show, the push I needed but hey he is totally responsible for my near nervous breakdown that night.  :lol2: Seriously though he gave me some confidence really, hopefully we will bump into him again to thank him. He did tell us about the classes in Southport, I may try them at some point, but Alfies calender is very full at the moment  :005: we are trying to get to one in St Helens to meet up with Anne  (Ludo) and Dax  :luv: Next time we are at the same venue hopefully we can get to chat, I am sure Alfie would like to say hello to Rosie.  :luv:
If you want any details of the class let me know.  ;)

Offline KarenB

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 10:37:16 PM »
Hi, I would be gratefull if you could let me know were and when and what time, are you at any local opens shows over the next few months, it would be great to meet you for a chat, Karen