Author Topic: Little cockerdile!!  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Angell

Re: Little cockerdile!!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »

Even enjoyed cooking on the telly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 04:49:58 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this too and we also have a little cockerdile, our 14week black wcs Milo so in the same boat as you [emoji12]. I too thought what on earth have i brought home with me, a very wild Tasmanian devil ha but saying that we've had him 6 weeks now and he is somewhat better all round. He doesn't bite me anymore, occasionally puts teeth on me but then I say 'no' firmly and he stops. He loves attacking my husbands dressing gown first thing in morn, which is so funny watching him trying to deal with Milo [emoji23] I then have to detach the cockerdile and place him out of the room briefly saying 'no biting'. I do the same with the kids, seems to be slowly working. My youngest is nearly 4 but she won't go near him cos he bit her tummy when I left the room for a moment and she's now scared of him [emoji853]. I never expected a puppy quite like this but I'm hopeful there is light at the end of the tunnel...fingers crossed ha. Yours looks so similar to Milo, hope they both are good soon [emoji846].

Offline Angell

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
This has made me smile!! As one of Chester's things is biting and chasing my husbands dressing gown!!!
I also think things are slightly better! Trying so hard to be consistent?
I just keep reminding myself it's a phase and it will get better!!
The kids were very excited today as they were able to take him out on his lead!!
Something different from just telling him "no bite" or putting him in time out [emoji23]
Keep me posted on how it's going!! All tips greatly appreciated [emoji3]

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 06:17:29 PM »
Ha my husband will be happy to know it's not just his dressing gown getting munched on, he'll need a new one soon as it's got a nice little rip at the back 🤣

How was Chester on his first walk? Milo was very timid the first time and it took along time just to walk around the block, now he pulls and chokes himself a bit so thinking of getting a harness and am trying with the stop and change directions, we will see how that goes [emoji12]

Yeah not much fun stuck in the house when they are bouncing off the walls [emoji23] and nipping.

The little monkey was caught in the dining room table this afternoon, must remember to push ALL chairs in [emoji848]ha.

Offline Angell

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
He was ok, spending most of the time sniffing around!! Came face to face with another dog and seemed happy thank goodness !!
We are anticipating the pulling so have bought a harness ready??
Out of interest have long and often do you take milo out at the moment?? Seems like there are so many rules???? Lol
I remember our family cocker doing the dining room table trick when I was younger!! Ate a pear flan !!!
[emoji23][emoji23]

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »
Milo is yet to come across another dog face to face so don't know what that's going to be like [emoji53]
Think I'm going to get a harness tomorrow as seems the best thing at the mo with him pulling, it doesn't help when the kids are in front as that makes him want to catch them up. What kind of harness did you get? Like size etc.
In regards to walking there is a rule saying 5mins for how many months old they are, so we have been generally sticking to this, as walking too much is not good for his growing bones etc but don't time the walk or anything. So we've been walking him 15-20mins as a rule but we haven't been out everyday and only been once in a day. Will go further as the months go by.
Might take him down the beach tomorrow for the first time, that will be interesting [emoji3]
Yeah I'm hoping he will grow out of thinking it's fun on the dining room table, was funny seeing him up there although didn't let him know that [emoji87] and luckily there wasn't anything on it [emoji1360]
I'm a first time cocker owner so am addicted to reading everything and anything and there is so much info on it all, I got in a bit of a anxious state when we first had him. He barked in his crate every night and soiled it for about 4weeks, he was biting everyone and everything, bouncing off the walls, I was very overwhelmed but things are getting better. He goes in his crate happily now and doesn't mess it anymore (although he still has a hot water bottle and the radio on low [emoji3]) and he has calmed down a lot and not quite so bitey that the kids can sit on the sofa without being attacked [emoji1362] so I think being consistent is the key.
I like to read others stories as makes me feel better [emoji3]

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 08:33:53 PM »
Sorry about the essay lol

Offline Blueberry

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
Blue shredded my dressing gown and several pairs of trousers when he was a baby!
Emma0Milo, I have a puppy size Perfect Fit harness which Blue has grown out of, if you would like it for Milo, send me a PM and I'll post it to you.
Be warned, it won't stop him pulling,and may in fact make him pull harder as, in effect, it's like yoking up a horse to a cart.  It will protect his vulnerable throat though.

Offline Angell

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »
 Don't apologise
It's so nice to speak to people who are going through the same thing!!
I like you have spent hours searching the Internet for advice tips, and miracle solutions!
Biting, food, walking, toys, treats, it's endless!!!
I actually said to my husband the other day it might have been easier having another child [emoji23][emoji23]

For example, he's not had enough sleep today with the kids been at home, so he's been like an overtired toddler tonight!! And now at present snoring at my husbands feet!!

Yeah that's what I had read, the 5 min/month rule so will stick to that!!
We are thinking of taking Chester to the beach next weekend!! Should be interesting!!!

Offline Emma0Milo

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 09:54:07 PM »
Thank you Blueberry but I don't want to put you to any trouble, will have a look tomorrow and if no luck will PM you, thanks very kind of you.
Yes I know it won't help with the pulling but was like you said to protect his little neck.
Ha and Angell my husband said something about having another baby and I was like you got no chance now [emoji12]
Aww at least he's sleeping now, some peace at last.
Well keep me posted on how he's getting on, you can PM me if you like. It is nice to chat about it all [emoji3]

Offline Angell

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »
Absolutely!! Great to know they are all the same[emoji23]