Author Topic: Indy sits funny....  (Read 4992 times)

Offline loopylol

• Site Member
  • Sally
Re: Indy sits funny....
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »
Sally sits in all sorts of funny positions and when she lies down sometimes she too looks like concorde with legs spread out the rear of her.

Runs like a whippet for our ankles.

www.sallyandblossom.piczo.com

Offline henaly

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 09:13:41 AM »
apparently its a good sign if they sit like that, it shows they have good hips but dont know how true it is again its just something i read on the internet.

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 09:18:54 AM »
Max who is 15 months always sits like that and lies in the squashed frog position (MIL's words).

My trainer always laughs & says when we're in a Stay or Leave It command you just know he's not going to move!  ;)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n320/maxinesmith/MAXBOYAUG06005.jpg

I recall reading somewhere that they lie like that to cool themselves down. (don't quote me on that though)
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 09:22:32 AM »
definitely a dog thing! Clive does this all the time - we used to call him a pile of p uppy, because he just looked like he'd landed in a pile of legs and fur, never sat stragith at all (except when bonios are on ofer  ;))

Don't worry!
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 10:45:58 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, I feel much better knowing other dogs do it too, Indy's my first cocker previousley we've had xbreeds and none of them did the legs akimbo bit.  :005:

Hi  Sue67

I want to ask you when she lies down does she have her rear legs at sort of right angles to her bum (spread out)  wonder if I can get a pic of Fern in this posision to show you want I mean.  (Bit like frog legs)

If I can and this is how she lies then it is classed as a sign of good breeding ;)

Spelling edited

That's exactly how she lies, it was the sitting I was concerned about, but thinking about it, her hips must be OK if she can get into such positions.

I don't know much about the technicalities of breeding, I got her 5 generation certificate and she's got a few champs in her bloodline but most of it's gobbledegook to me.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 11:27:13 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, I feel much better knowing other dogs do it too, Indy's my first cocker previousley we've had xbreeds and none of them did the legs akimbo bit.  :005:

Hi  Sue67

I want to ask you when she lies down does she have her rear legs at sort of right angles to her bum (spread out)  wonder if I can get a pic of Fern in this posision to show you want I mean.  (Bit like frog legs)

If I can and this is how she lies then it is classed as a sign of good breeding ;)

Spelling edited

That's exactly how she lies, it was the sitting I was concerned about, but thinking about it, her hips must be OK if she can get into such positions.

I don't know much about the technicalities of breeding, I got her 5 generation certificate and she's got a few champs in her bloodline but most of it's gobbledegook to me.

Gobblegook too me too ;) But I've been told by 3 or 4 different people that a dog lying in the frog position is a sign of a good breeding and something to be proud off and not worry about at all ;)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 05:14:24 PM »
Alfie 'frogs' and he also tends to sit right over on his bum so his back legs are stuck straight out under him one on each side with his front paws in the middle. It's very cute  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline sarah jane

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »
Our Ebony sit's funny, she always has done to the one side and then sometimes the other side too!!! :005:

the others always look very posh when they sit but not Ebba

Winnie clumber spaniel/ Jasmine,Talula,Eric,Enya cocker spaniels

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 07:02:08 PM »
the others always look very posh when they sit but not Ebba

You're doggies are gorgeous !!!!!  :luv:  :luv:  :luv: