Author Topic: Our beautiful Molly  (Read 5532 times)

Cazzie

Re: Our beautiful Molly
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »
She is just way too cute, love  her to bits  :luv:

Did you get her pedigree? As it would be interesting to see exactly who they have put for the parents  >:D

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 09:29:07 AM »
Cazzie, the pedigree was posted in Matt's previous thread about Molly HERE
Jane

Cazzie

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 10:01:08 AM »
Cazzie, the pedigree was posted in Matt's previous thread about Molly HERE

Thanks for that sorry  ::)

Offline Billybang

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 12:13:26 PM »
At the end of the day, does it really matter what your pup is crossed with the pure and simple fact is that this pup has been sold as something it is not, the 'breeder' has lied, and given a faulse pedigree.  Though as already quoted nothing is official unless it comes from the Kennel Club.

Personally I would be writing to this owner and explain that you will be involving the police, trading standards, the association that infact wrote out the faulse pedigree, (that it is) and personally you should do these things anyway to save them conning other people, unless a full refund is given back immediately.

Not only is the pup a lie, but stress the emotional pain that come into this too. You also have a dog that may not turn out to be Cocker like, may have to be leaded on walks (as many Beagles have the call of the wild so strong they can not be off lead) health issues may also come into play here, were the parents health tested etc? (I doubt it) quite frankly you don't know what you are to end up with.

Why oh why with all the warnings did you not buy a KC registered pup with all health tested parents documents to go with it??

You have everything on your side this person is a con artist and a liar.

I would be hell bent on justice and no way should you allow yourself to be strung along any longer.

Your pup is gorgeous nonetheless and I know your heart strings are most likely pulling to keep her and you probably will, it would be hard to give her up now, but if you wanted a Cocker in the first place it may be worth considering.

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 04:55:16 PM »
Your pup is gorgeous nonetheless and I know your heart strings are most likely pulling to keep her and you probably will, it would be hard to give her up now, but if you wanted a Cocker in the first place it may be worth considering.

Sorry but I am shocked anyone would suggest giving up a dog for that reason.  :o Even if Matt originally wanted a Cocker- and I feel he should certainly be compensated for the deceit- a dog is a living creature whom you form an emotional attachment . People told us we should take Barney back when he turned out to be epileptic. In our case the breeder wasn't trying to deceive us but it wouldn't have mattered. Within the first week Barney was part of our family and we wouldn't have changed him for anything. I imagine most dog lovers would feel the same about their pet.  :-\

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »

Sorry but I am shocked anyone would suggest giving up a dog for that reason.  :o Even if Matt originally wanted a Cocker- and I feel he should certainly be compensated for the deceit- a dog is a living creature whom you form an emotional attachment . People told us we should take Barney back when he turned out to be epileptic. In our case the breeder wasn't trying to deceive us but it wouldn't have mattered. Within the first week Barney was part of our family and we wouldn't have changed him for anything. I imagine most dog lovers would feel the same about their pet.  :-\

I agree very much... and from what Molly's owner has been writing so far, taking her back or rehoming her is not an option anyway! After all, this whole thing is not Molly's fault!
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2007, 10:33:48 PM »
Just catching up, shes gorgeous I love Bassetts, i'm sure she will bring you much joy and love :luv:

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »
Billybang, whereas everyone is entitled to their opinion I certainly dont agree with yours  :-\

Matt has, on many many occasions stated that he adores Molly and who can blame him really.  OK he has been let down badly by his *breeder* but I dont agree with the suggestion that he should give her up.  So that would be yet another dog in rescue  :'(

At the end of the day, we are talking about a living creature & one who is in a very happy and loving home - it is not a object that can be returned to the shop for poor advertisement or packaging. 

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 01:16:45 PM »
Couldn't agree more!  When I took my Jamie to the vets within three days of picking him up because he was scratching, was full of worms, had an umbilical hernia and seemed to gag a little as he ate or drank, the vet diagnosed lice (not mites), worms and the possibility of an elongated soft palate.   After an examination under general anaesthetic, the elongated soft palate was confirmed and I was given three options one of which was to return  him to the breeder and ask for my money back! Before the vet got any futher I stated very strongly that this was NOT an option and more or less what you said, Michelle.   After that the options were to have an operation or to leave it to see how Jamie coped.   This was 21 years ago.   We left it and Jamie coped very well and lived until three months past his 15th birthday in 2001.   He didn't have any major health problems until the last couple of months and was a super little orange and white cuddle bum. always sitting/lying on me and wanting a cuddle.

Molly is a beautiful little girl and obviously much loved so won't be going down the 'return' route.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Cazzie

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
I think this has been a valuable lesson to many of us. It is easy to criticize and say lots of things regarding this situation but at the end of the day it happens to a lot of people out there (in one way or another). How many people out there know for definite that the dog/dogs they own have a pedigree actually is 100% correct? We dont  :-\

Buy from a well known reputable breeder only and do you're homework first. ££££ signs are the motivation for many (not all) people who breed dogs.  >:(

Education is the only answer to stop this happening to others again. This forum is great for making people aware of dreadful situations like this.  :blink:

Offline suzieq

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
Molly is gorgeous :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
A real cutie :luv: :luv: :luv:
sue,zak and strider
Your dog is a simpler version of you, only smaller, hairier and with a big wet tongue! (j.rose barber)