Author Topic: On the Couch?  (Read 3632 times)

Offline MutleysMum

• Site Member
  • Mutley 15 weeks
    • Mutley's Photo Album
On the Couch?
« on: August 20, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »
Just wondering who lets their doggy on the couch and who doesn't and their reasons? We had originally planned to keep Mutley off but its soo cute when he jumps on and curls up with us at night  :luv: So am wondering if its such a big deal after all?

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
Re: On the Couch?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »
Callie isn't allowed on the couch... well the couch itself, she is however allowed on laps on the couch. More to do with it being leather and not wanting it too messed up than anything else and I'm sure once she is older and the couch is older she'll be allowed on whenever she wants :D

Offline Lyndsey

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »
I have a leather sofa too but have brought Ruby a nice pink blanket.
We allocated her 1 space on the sofa {where nobody sits} and put her blanket there to protect the leather.
She knows that this is her space and doesn't try to sit anywhere else on the sofa.
I love having cuddles on the sofa with her {yes my space is next to hers  :005: }

Offline Teisen_bach

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »
We allocated her 1 space on the sofa {where nobody sits} and put her blanket there to protect the leather.
She knows that this is her space and doesn't try to sit anywhere else on the sofa.
I love having cuddles on the sofa with her {yes my space is next to hers  :005: }

Thats a fantastic idea,
My Collies were always allowed on the sofa but now, having kids and like you guys a leather sofa OH had said she would have to keep off  :argue: lol
I might try your idea Lyndsey....its the best of both worlds :)
Hugs from Jue & Teisen bach xx

Offline Lyndsey

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 04:13:29 PM »

Thats a fantastic idea,
My Collies were always allowed on the sofa but now, having kids and like you guys a leather sofa OH had said she would have to keep off  :argue: lol
I might try your idea Lyndsey....its the best of both worlds :)
Its such a simple cheap way of keeping the sofa "mark free" and she loves hr blanket and cuddles

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »
All of ours are allowed on the couches. We have two leather suites which get occupied by three dogs (two retrievers and Ozzy) and there's not a single bit of damage; plus there's been at least one dog on them for two years. But the blanket is a lovely idea. :blink:

Offline mad 4 cockers

• Site Member
  • Alfie & Charlie
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 04:23:28 PM »
Mine have their own chair, :005: which they take it in turn to use, they don't attempt to get on the leather suites though but they do have covers on just incase.
Jane

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:17 PM »
Blue is allowed on the settee, leather.  He does have his own chair for during the day which we have put covers on because he tends to put his paws over the top of it and look out of the window all day  ::) 

He recently stayed with my parents for a week whilst we were on holiday and they were insistent that he wasnt allowed on the settee, which was panicking me somewhat, however, within 10 mins of me dropping him off my dad phoned to say that Blue was snuggled up next to him - you've guessed it on the settee, it must be those spaniel eyes  :005:

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 04:35:35 PM »
No Charlie isn't, especially on the arms, but as you can see he takes little notice

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 04:37:58 PM »
My two are on the settee all the time.  I am getting a leather one in October and I see no reason to change where they can sit.  I have always had covers on the settees so the leather suite will have covers too.  When I am on the settee, Kali sits in the crook of my knee, just like Chloe used to do :luv: :luv:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline TeresaC

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »
WE were not going to let Rosie on the sofa. It started with her sitting on out lap on the sofa, we then put a blanket on there for her, which most of the time she does lie on

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 04:47:59 PM »
No Charlie isn't, especially on the arms, but as you can see he takes little notice

:005: :005: :005: He's fab  :luv:

Mine are allowed on the sofa when we are there, otherwise no. Have never had any damage to leather it was the canvas one that really suffered! (Luckily when we moved house they wouldn't fit though the front door so there was no choice other than to get wipe clean leather  :D) The only damage that has been done, is from the studs on the back of my jeans  >:D . Tell myself off all the time about that one  :police:

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »
Our dogs have their own sofa which they allow us on if we're lucky!!  ph34r :005:
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 07:02:19 PM »
Only Sophie & Harvey are allowed on the Sofa but this afternoon i found Sindy like this.......

::)  ::)  ::)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 07:05:40 PM »
Thats one chilled out dog!
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe