Author Topic: Peeing in the house - at 4 months! HELP!!!!  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Cuckoo4Cockers

• Site Member
Peeing in the house - at 4 months! HELP!!!!
« on: November 22, 2007, 08:43:06 PM »
Chalrie is still peeing in the house and occasionally pooping (Maybe 20% of the time)  I work from home and 20% of the time he is still peeding indoors!!!! He has come on so far but this last 20% I just cant get from him. He is brilliant most of the time and will bark or let me know in someway that he needs to go - but othertimes he will just stop what he's doing and pee.... right there infront of me!!!!  >:D  What should I do?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Peeing in the house - at 4 months! HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »
Keep doing what you are doing  ;)

He is a tiny baby, and won't "get it" overnight - but if you are patient, then I am sure he will have it cracked in no time  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 08:51:12 PM »
Persevere!  ;)  He will get in in the end.  It took me ages before Coco was reliable in the house - I was taking her outside at very frequent intervals and praising her like made when she performed outside but she still had the odd accident in the house until she was nearly a year old!  >:(  Just smile, relax and carry on and you will crack it eventually.  :D And don't listen to anyone who says their dog was housetrained in 2 weeks - they are lying as most pups are not!  ::)
Julie and Watson

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »
Both of mine were a year old before being fully house trained. Thought it was never gonna happen but it does. you just have to persevere.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Cuckoo4Cockers

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
Ahh Bless you all! I feel so much better now. At training eveyone says there dog is housetrained and we feel like were doing something wrong. Maybe we're just honest!!! lol  There is this one person there who has thins dog that he claims sits and stays in a room on his own for 5 mins.... the dog wont even sit on command. Absolute garbage. I just dont see the point in lying about what your dog can and cant do becuase it doesn't help the puppy at the end of the day! I had a Jack Russell that was housetrained in a matter of months. Would it be different with each breed?

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 09:03:46 PM »
It depends more on the individual dog rather than the breed although some are undoubtedly brighter than others  :005:  Just persevere and Charlie will get there, they all develop and learn at their own rates.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 09:09:58 PM »
Ah, welcome to my world...

Mrs Bridges at the grand age of almost 6 is STILL weeing and pooing in the house every now and then.  Don't think she'll ever stop totally >:(
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »
It depends more on the individual dog rather than the breed although some are undoubtedly brighter than others  :005: 

or more stubborn ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »
Persevere!  ;)   And don't listen to anyone who says their dog was housetrained in 2 weeks - they are lying as most pups are not!  ::)

My little black cocker was house trained in two weeks.  He did have the occasional accident, but was clean throughout the night - he slept on my bed - and he would cry to go out so that he could have a Doggy Choc for being a good boy.  I'm not in the habit of telling lies.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 06:21:10 AM »
Persevere!  ;)   And don't listen to anyone who says their dog was housetrained in 2 weeks - they are lying as most pups are not!  ::)

My little black cocker was house trained in two weeks.  He did have the occasional accident,

Eveyone has different ideas of what is "house-trained" though.......I wouldn't describe a puppy fully "housetrained" if they have the occasional accident  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 07:00:18 AM »
HI Cuckoo4Cockers

First off don't worry too much as others have said, different dogs different times - just like babies coming out of nappies and staying dry  ;)

Here's what I did -
At 4 months I was still taking Braan out at regular intervals - I started every hour then slowly increased it to 2 - 3 hours (I didn't let him bark to tell me he wanted out) and he's been dry in the house for a while - but as he's only 6 months now I still expect the odd accident, altho I can't remember last time he did at the mo  :angel:

But as I said all dogs are different and different methods of house training work better on different dogs   :D

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 07:18:07 AM »
Persevere!  ;)   And don't listen to anyone who says their dog was housetrained in 2 weeks - they are lying as most pups are not!  ::)

My little black cocker was house trained in two weeks.  He did have the occasional accident,

Eveyone has different ideas of what is "house-trained" though.......I wouldn't describe a puppy fully "housetrained" if they have the occasional accident  ;)

Nor me.

Milo housetrained really quickly, but jeeeeez Nancy was a NIGHTMARE :o a shock to the system after uber fast Milo...every dog is different, you kind of just have to go with the flow so to speak, and you'll get there in the end :blink: Best thing is not to panic, I'm sure a pup can sense that :blink:

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 07:54:02 AM »
sam si 8 months and posted this week that only now he is housetrained :o just keep doing what your doing and he will get there :blink:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 08:37:15 AM »
I agree, housetrained means no more accidents.  Coco didn't pee in the house very often after a few months but she was not reliable so to me that is not fully housetrained  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline jakesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 08:44:53 AM »
Jake picked it up really well but, at five months, still has the odd accident. Mostly it's when he's left for longer as he's a stubborn little cocker and if he doesn't want to go out when I take him before going to work, then he just won't go. Other than that he almost always lets me know when he wants to go.

Having said that, just a couple of weeks ago he pee'd right in the middle of my hall rug. I wouldn't care but all the doors were open and he could easily have gone out!

All in all I'm very happy with Jake's housetraining, and you'll get there too. I really wouldn't be worried.