Author Topic: Horse Droppings  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« on: April 20, 2004, 03:52:26 PM »
I took Jazz for a walk this lunchtime, and after hearing all your stories about rolling in FOX Poo, I was a little nervious to spot a large collection of horse droppings on the path where we walk. I tried calling her back, NO chance.... she suddenly went totally deaf ran over to it, but to my joy she didn't roll in it.

However as I approached her, and called her name, she looked at me, and to my absoulte HORROR proceeded to eat it. I grabbed her and managed to get her to drop what was in her mouth, but she ate about 2/3 mouth fulls. She stunk.

Jazz will eat anything, I am begining to wish she were fussy... She makes herself sick nearly evey dinner time eatring so fast... I have stoppped putting wqter with her feed, and it has slowed her down a milli second.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Horse Droppings
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 03:54:26 PM »
Phoebe used to eat horse poo too!!!! uuurrrrgggghhhhhh. She seems to have grown out of it though!                    
Anita

Offline Maria

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 04:01:07 PM »
Our very first walk with Boysie having picked him up from the rescue kennels was in Epping Forest. He proceeded to try and eat every bit of horse poo he could find. After a while and a lot of 'No's', he realised that we didn't want him to eat it, so instead he carried it along in his mouth. It probably took a couple of weeks of 'No's and leave it's!' and tempting him with other treats before the penny sunk. Now he will sniff it and then walk away.  
He still eats fox poo though ( doesn't roll in it - to him its probably good food going to waste). Our worst experience of his constant hunger was when we noticed him trying to hoover up some human vomit! - which was nearly added to by me and my queasy stomach.                    

Offline Michelle_S

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 09:51:46 PM »
Jazz is not alone - horse poo is Harry's equivalent to a gourmet treat - altho' he prefers it if it's nice and fresh :? and he is immune to even the lure of cheese when he finds some! So far it doesn't appear to have done him any harm and we just have to move on as quickly as possible!                    

Offline PennyB

Horse Droppings
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 11:58:15 PM »
Mine don't stop at just rolling in fox poo either they love to eat it as well, along with the cat poo, horse poo and bird poo I caught Ruby sampling yesterday.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Busters Dad

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 05:58:14 PM »
When we first started his free excercise country walks Buster decided to treat them as gourmet delight.

Horse poo, rabbit poo, fox poo, badger poo, in fact, any poo.

Then just to add to our misery he also decided that when we got back home, cat poo is rather conveniently packaged too.

I must admit to coming down very hard on him but only when he was actually in the act of scoffing down poo.

He now understands that, although to him he is missing out on some very tasty and handy snacks, his Mum and Dad are not of the same persuasion

Now I occasionally need to say a very firm and sharp " NO !! " and he leaves the stuff well alone.

He's a good little boy.

Mike.                    

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 06:13:48 PM »
how on earth do you lot you know one type of poo from another...???

To me its just a pile of .poo....

Should i go on somekind of training?

cathy                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 07:42:41 PM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Actually my laborador loves rolling in foxes poo and it's very easy to identify....it has a real, strong wiff all it's own :shock: . It takes a real
thorough bath to clear the smell.
I just try to rush past the parts I know are likely to be suspect, but she
often catches me out.
I'm just hoping our new little cocker girl doesn't follow the habit!!

Sheila :)                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 11:22:53 PM »
how on earth do you lot you know one type of poo from another...???

To me its just a pile of .poo....

Should i go on somekind of training?

cathy

Put it this way Cathy, I'd hate to meet the rabbit with droppings the same size as a horse  :lol:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 12:01:49 AM »
:lol:  :lol:

Indie hunts the fox pooh out too :roll:   Today she even rolled in bird pooh :roll:  She definately has a bird obsession going on :?                    

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 06:54:05 AM »
I'd hate to meet the rabbit with droppings the same size as a horse

Ok Very Funny...Made me giggle.. I as more thinking about the difference between, fox, badger, and Dogs...  

Must be because Im a city girl. Unfortunatley

Cathy[/quote]                    
CATHY

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 06:54:13 AM »
I'd hate to meet the rabbit with droppings the same size as a horse

Ok Very Funny...Made me giggle.. I as more thinking about the difference between, fox, badger, and Dogs...  

Must be because Im a city girl. Unfortunatley

Cathy                    
CATHY

Offline Cocker lover

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 01:24:06 PM »
Its strange because my dogs are the same.
Dont worry its just a thing dogs do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:  :lol:  :)  :D                    

Offline xxxrei

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 05:22:30 PM »
Ive just got back from taking Dylan for a walk on Wimbledon Common where he too ate a couple of mouthfuls of horse poo before I could catch him, "remarkably quick for a little dog". Our last cocker just used to roll in it so we normally got him to go in the pond to clean him off, but if this carries on I'm going to have to carry a toothbrush for him everywhere I go. I'll be in for a few strange looks when i'm walking Dylan and brushing his teeth at the same time.                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Horse Droppings
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 06:54:37 PM »
Piper looooves cat and rabbit pooh  :shock:

She will leave it when I am stern with her and tell her to 'leave it' but otherwise she cannot resist the temptation to eat it all up - every scrummy morsel  :roll:  :roll:

She shares her home with 3 cats and wasted no time when she first arrived in finding the litter tray - grabbing a pooh, running into the hall and munching away on it  :evil:  :roll:   mouth open wide for all to see  :shock:  :?

How ever I wasn't sick I will never know - she did not stop licking her lips for about 10 minutes!

Oh she also used to sleep in the cat litter and we have an excellent photo of her which I will post into the gallery  :roll:

Cat litter was relocated upstairs when Piper was 8 weeks and 2 days  :wink:                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx