Author Topic: Puppy feeding  (Read 874 times)

Offline lorri

• Site Member
Puppy feeding
« on: April 27, 2004, 11:14:28 PM »
Can anyone please give me some advice on feeding. Jarivs who is 13 weeks is still on four meals a day. When will start to reduce his meals and how many meals should he get a day. Also my vet adviced me just to give him his dried food and that i shouldn't have to mix it with anything. Should i ?? :? As his food looks just so boring all the time :(

Oh and while im on does anyone know of any shows around the my area im in east kilbridee just outside glasgow. Im not wanting to show Jarvis but just thought it would be a great day out for me and my son.

thanks                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Puppy feeding
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 11:35:49 PM »
Hi Lorri

My pup is 18 weeks and has just gone onto 3 meals a day.  He'll stay on 3 for a good few months before I put him to two meals.  I did this with my first pup and he was fine with it - Don't really know what other people do.

I do mix a spoonful of tinned food in with the soaked food, but beware of getting into the trap of adding too many 'interesting' things to the food as you may end up (as I did) with a picky eater - always waiting to see if something better is going to be put in the bowl, never eating what's there  :roll:   :roll:

As for shows, well I've yet to get to one (other than the local, SSPCA, bring your pet along day) but one day maybe.  There is the Scottish Kennel Club Show (Gundog Day on the 15th of May) at Ingelston, Edinburgh.  Quite a few COLers are going to that - I'd love to go but am too far away  :cry:   Have fun if you decide to go :) .  Here's the tread where it's been discussed http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=3960                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys