Author Topic: Is he normal or lazy?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« on: May 04, 2004, 12:45:09 PM »
Indie is six months now, and doing well apart from the odd accident poo wise. Every morning we go out to the country park after dropping the kids at school, and when we come back he sleeps all morning!

He's always dozing, he's in and out of the garden all day, and then come 8pm up on my bed snoring waiting for me to go to bed! :roll:

Is this normal or lazy?

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline PennyB

Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 01:03:29 PM »
Probably means he's contented. Mine sleep like this, they potter around every now and then and have a mad half hour together then go back to sleep. Goes to show that those who think their dogs are missing them when they're out are just sleeping.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 01:08:49 PM »
Indie is the same Shona :D   Snoozing whenever she can, I think the warmer weather makes them a bit lazier too 8)

I                    

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 01:19:05 PM »
ermmm excuse me,    what warmer weather.    :roll:    :wink:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Cocker lover

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 01:19:25 PM »
Dont worry,hes still a puppy and puppies sleep alot. See your vet if you are very worried. Remember DONT WORRY!!!!!!!!! :lol:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 01:35:19 PM »
ermmm excuse me,    what warmer weather.    :roll:    :wink:

Mum you have a short memory we had a fantastic sunny day on sunday, I even got burnt 8)                    

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 01:46:10 PM »
Tilly sleeps a lot too.  I read somewhere that most dogs spend at least 75% of their time sleeping - it's a hard life, but somebody has to do it!  

In the evening she sleeps until bedtime, when she has a quick trip to the garden and then sleeps again for another 8 hours!  She'll sleep anywhere, but her favourite place is on the sofa whilst we watch the TV, drowned out by her loud snores - and to think everyone thinks she is such a little lady!!

She'll quite happily sleep most of the day too, whilst I work on the computer.  So long as she has her walks and playtime and grooming she seems quite fit and happy.

Sue and zzzzzzz from Tilly                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 03:14:46 PM »
Tilly sleeps a lot too.  I read somewhere that most dogs spend at least 75% of their time sleeping - it's a hard life, but somebody has to do it!  

In the evening she sleeps until bedtime, when she has a quick trip to the garden and then sleeps again for another 8 hours!  She'll sleep anywhere, but her favourite place is on the sofa whilst we watch the TV, drowned out by her loud snores - and to think everyone thinks she is such a little lady!!

She'll quite happily sleep most of the day too, whilst I work on the computer.  So long as she has her walks and playtime and grooming she seems quite fit and happy.

Sue and zzzzzzz from Tilly

OOoooooh, you bad mummy!!! :lol: Having met Tilly on Sunday I can assure everyone that she is a little lady.  She's an absolute angel.  Dillon was quite smitten but since he's the only one of the boys there who has been "snipped" I think his ardour is in vain  :lol: :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 05:46:26 PM »
Hi Shona. Pickle, who has just turned 6 months, is a lazy lump too  :roll: . He likes nothing better than to sprawl out on the floor fast asleep. I can actually pick him up when he is like this, and he won't move a muscle - he'll open one eye, but otherwise he appears like rigor mortis has set in! He still loves to run around outside, but compared to 3 months ago, when he was permanantly turbo-charged, he is a lot more chilled out.
Bless them, they're so sweet when they snore!!!
Emma and the layzee-Pickle xx                    

Offline mrs hamster

• Site Member
Is he normal or lazy?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 10:36:17 PM »
normal doggies sleep up to 16 hours out of every 24 so worry not!!

Oh to be a doggie!!
jane                    
Dull women have immaculate homes