Author Topic: Puppies...Don't you just luv em...  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Puppies...Don't you just luv em...
« on: May 21, 2004, 08:08:06 PM »
I recently booked Jazz into her pupy training class, I had quite a long conversation with the trainer before attending the class, saying how well behaved my beloved was and how she never barked, except if she heard a noise out in the back garden.

Well, last Sunday off we toddled to the class, it was a lovely hot day, I turned the corner and met some of he other puppies, there we only 6 of us and after introductions we all sat in the circle waiting to be trained. The training lady came through the door, and started to speak. Bo sooner than she finsihed her first sentence, that Jazz started howling wining and barking.. Much to my disgust, this did not stop for an hour. Every other dog was perfectly behaved and i think i only heard one other bark all class.

So when she asked me in front of tha class, what i normally did when she barked like this, and i replied...urmmm well, she doesn't normally do this, i felt the 'yeah right' siggners throughout the class.

Why oh WHy oh WHY... As soon as the classed finshed, off we trotted to the car and home, Of course, i didn't hear a peep out of her for the rest of day, everytime i looked at her, i visualised her with horns and shinny red eyes smiling back at me.

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

SOOOOoooo looking forward to the next class.                    
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 08:41:23 PM »
Sounds familiar!  They don't normally do this - doesn't wash does it - Brogan is almost mute he is that quiet - my neighbours love him :lol:
Like Jazz he used to bark through dog training - and i got the yeah alright looks as well : :roll:  I hate being the centre of attention so for us I believe he is being affected by handler nerves.  His training is crisp at home as well - in class I have difficuly holding his attention - I act daft at home - even in front of strangers in the street - I am obviously  comfortable there and he loves this.  Not suggesting this is your problem - you've got my sympathy though - And yes I believe you :wink: :lol:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline annemie

• Site Member
    • http://members.chello.nl/~a.notten1/
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 09:14:09 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  this sounds so familiar, when our Joep was in class he didn't know any command  :?  And we say he know it, at home he does it perfectly :?  But we had the feeling that no one believes us  :( . I believe you too  :P                    
Greetings,

Annemie and a big kiss from Joep, Joris and Henry

[img width= height=]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/annemiejojo/Webfiets.jpg[/img]

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 09:59:21 PM »
Yep Billy did the same. Although we have found a cure that works for him  :wink:  :wink:

About half an hour before class we take him out for a good run in the park, he runs round and round none stop for 20 minutes or so. Then by the time we get to class he is tired and is much better, he still barks occasionally but nothing like he used to. Last week we didnt have time to take him out beforehand and you could really tell the difference he was a real nightmare just sat and barked non stop.  :oops:  :oops:

An hour class is along time though, our class is only 30 mins                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 04:13:36 PM »
Shows how individual these cockers can be.  I gave Brogan a 20 minute run before his class last week - he went comatose when we got to training!  This week it was a quick piddle and off we went - so much more alert :twisted:   Our class is for an hour and yes - it is a very long time for them.  I like to keep our training to no more than 5 minutes at a time - and even better if he doesn't realize he's learning stuff!!  We do the nothing in life is for free - works great for us - and helps with the homework! Then you go to class and they look at you like they've never heard the word before :lol:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09