Author Topic: Picking up our new Puppy tomorrow  (Read 2809 times)

Offline JoJo35

Picking up our new Puppy tomorrow
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »
I am so excited because this time tomorrow I will be a new Cocker mum. His name is Bailey he is Black & Tan and we can't wait to pick him up.

Bailey will be our first dog so any advice would be welcomed. Although I have been picking up a lot of tips and advice from COL.

I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Joanne x

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
Re: Picking up our new Puppy tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »
Ooooh how exciting! I love sharing in the excitement of puppy picking up  :lol: If you don't have a pic on here by tea time tomorrow I will be very upset  :005:

Hope it all goes well  :D
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »
Congratulations, best advice i can give is to go with the flow accept that he is a puppy and will get up  to all sorts of things .The puppy stage will go oh so quickly just enjoy it. If you think things are getting on top of you ,you will not be alone. The help you get on here is invaluable
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline barb

• Site Member
  • Come Dancing!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
Hi there and welcome to COL! How exciting a new Puppy, lucky thing!  :luv:
The only thing I'd say is enjoy your puppy but be consistent and don't change the rules you make all the time as your baby won't know what you want him to do!
There is so much advice on this forum, just keep coming back, there's always someone who can help!
 Have fun!  ;)
Barb and Pippa

Tip-toeing through the tulips!
Barb and Pippa

Offline cran477

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »
Good Luck !!! Im new to puppies and this site is so helpful and so are the people on here, there is always someone who has gone through what you are going through and there is always plenty of good advice available............. :luv:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
I’m so jealous! :lol2:  Don’t think you’ll sleep much tonight :005:.  I can’t wait to see pics :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
I’m so jealous! :lol2:  Don’t think you’ll sleep much tonight :005:.  I can’t wait to see pics :luv:

Me too - not of the lack of sleep though!!! Thank goodness we are over that bit now  :005:  Cant wait to see pics  :luv:

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline Mrs JT

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »
Oh you must be really excited!!!!

We've only had our pup since just before Christmas, and already I'm thinking what colour might go with orange roan  :005: :005:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »
Can't wait to see pictures tomorrow, good luck and try and get some sleep tonight, you'll be worn out before you know it  :lol2:

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 04:35:01 PM »

Yes good luck....ive done my bit for the doggy race and dont intend raising anymore pups  :005:  :005:
have fun and enjoy  :D

Offline leigh

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 06:39:11 PM »
Good luck with it all, i cant  wait to see a pic  :D, my advice enjoy and have fun, as they dont stay puppies for long  :D

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
Good Luck for tomorrow.  It is so..oo. exciting :D

Try and get some sleep tonight :lol:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 08:23:25 PM »
Congratulations, loving his name and can't wait to see another black and tan :luv:

Offline sophiep

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
if i was to give one piece of small advice i would say if you haven't already get a snuggle puppy (cuddly dog with heart beat & heat pad) our Bo loves hers, it really helps her to settle down. she only wakes up twice with this. i don't let her have it during the day- in the morning she tries to take snuggle pup to the loo with her  :luv: but keep it as a special treat for night. also if you want instant answers (even though you get lightning quick responses on here  ;)) i find it really useful to do a search for the previous threads on the same subject. with the wealth of knowledge on here you're bound to find plenty of others that have gone through what you'll be experiencing. cant wait to hear how you get on and best of luck  :-*

Offline claire42

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
Today is the big day for you, you must be so excited :D  I am also mum to a black and tan pup and like you a first time mum!!!! Best advice I can give is use COL, it helped me so much through the early days as there is always someone there even if to reassure you. Good luck, and can't wait for pics :luv: :luv: