Author Topic: Will my puppy forget me?  (Read 4082 times)

Offline cockerookie

Re: Will my puppy forget me?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 03:43:34 PM »
Thank you everyone so so much. I feel so much more reasured, and I am really touched by all of your well wishes. You are all wonderful  :D

My parents are going to give him my t-shirts which they take home to wash to let him have a litle sniff (no doubt I'll loose a few to them little razor teeth  :005: ), and I should hopefully get down to the hospital front door a few times a week to see him. So, given what you have all told me about your experiences, I'm much more confident that I won't loose my wee buddy. :luv: , which will really make a difference to my time here.

Lol, I've a feeling I'll get a very funny look if I ask for my dog to come onto the ward, the even allow flowers! (Infection control) Mabey I could have him sneaked in, in a big fruit basket (although he'd probably blow his cover by eating all of the contents before he got here.  :005:

Thanks again to everyone, you are all COCKERIFFIC in my book! :shades:  :D

P.S. The hospital internet is pretty basic, so I can't view the video posted, but thanks anyway.

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »
Sorry to hear you're in hospital, I would have been worrying about exactly the same thing if it was me. It's great to hear that other folk's experiences suggest your puppy won't forget you. If you can spend a little time with him outside the hospital every so often, I'm sure that will be really good for both of you. Hope you're feeling loads better soon. Where are you btw, I've never heard of hospitals not allowing flowers before...or did I misread that?

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
I am so sorry that you are stuck in hsopital, it's pants isn't it! I am sure you won't be forgotten by Fudge.

Offline chattertalk

• Site Member
  • Hendrix aged 9 weeks
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 04:58:23 PM »
So sorry to hear of your health problems. To reassure you about your dog not forgetting you, Hendrix was reunited with my brother Steve at Christmas after not having seeing him for nearly two years. (He was about seven months old when my brother flew back to Australia, and had only ever spent two weeks with him.) As soon as Hendrix saw Steve again, he went mad with excitement and then went straight into the series of traning positions Steve had worked with him on, none of which we use with him!

Also, as someone else has said, Hendrix doesn't see our son who is at Uni or his girlfriend nearly as much as he used to, but this has in no way affected his relationship with or response to them.

I wish you all the very best with your health, and please don't worry - I feel sure your doggie will not forget you at all!   :D

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
I am lucky enough not to have had to leave my dogs for long but I just wanted to wish you well and hope you are soon home again.

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 06:02:31 PM »
He won't forget you hun. I have a cousin that was in a horrendous accident and was in hospital for nearly a year and his dog was delighted to see him when he finally got out  :D

Hope you are well enough to see him soon and you never know...maybe your desire to see him will boost your recovery eh  :-*
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Mundyboy

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 06:56:27 PM »
Sad that you are back in hospital again.  You seem to have a positive view of things.  Getting a dog will help you I am sure.  I am also sure that your puppy will not forget you.  My mother knew my Mundy as a puppy and they got on very well together.  My mother went into a home and did not see Mundy for 2 years.  One day the Care Manager said I could bring Mundy into the home to see my mother.  Well I can tell you that my boy bounced off the walls at seeing my mother and two out of the three of us wept because of the love exchanged.  Fudge loves you and you love him.  You will not change that special relationship.    Nice to see you using the computer from hospital.  You have a lot of friends out here on COL, young and old.  Shout.  Some one here will hear!  Bless.   :-*
I love my dogs.  They make it worth getting out of bed in the morning.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »
So sorry to hear you are in hospital ...sending lots of healing wishes and hope you are home with your special baby soon  :luv:
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline cockerookie

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 11:45:28 PM »
Well i've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys are fantastic!  :D

This is the most pleasant I've ever felt in the first few days of and admission. What started out as a pretty depressing thread has now cheered me up no end. Thanks folks!
I am so greatful for all of your caring, and the stories you have shared have been so touching.   :blink:

If you can spend a little time with him outside the hospital every so often, I'm sure that will be really good for both of you. Hope you're feeling loads better soon. Where are you btw, I've never heard of hospitals not allowing flowers before...or did I misread that?

I'm in Monklands, Lanarkshire. Most hospitals I know of in this area have the same policy. Apparently flowers are a breeding ground for germs  :-\

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 11:58:07 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you are in hospital and hope you are soon able to get back out or at least to the door to see your dog. :luv:

I know Monklands Hospital very well as I grew up in Airdrie until I left at 26 and my parents spent time in there, so if there is anything I can do just let me know and I will be there. :-*
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
hey thats great you got the dog you always wanted..bet you love him to bits and vice versa..and what a shame you can t be together right now! I always joke about ringing Ruby up when I m at work to check she is ok! It ain t as mad as it seems tho as she always goes mad to hear her uncle Pete on the blower! You know, as a kid it always disgusted me to see how my dog loved the whole family so much! ahh the joy of the gregarious cocker...he was my dog and supposed to love me most!!! >:(   Smudge will miss you...but its great your parents love him too , and he ll be ecstatic to see you i m sure...so sorry you are ill again think you are being very positive   :luv: hope things look up soon...Jo and ruby ruby doooox
jo & ruby =)

Offline annG

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 01:46:22 AM »
 could not get you out of my mind today. and no your puppy will not forget you. will lick you from hea to toe when he will see you again.
another thing positive thoughts, will help you get well and home asap.
here we are all best wishes, get well soon,
Jaffa and annG
:)
JAFFA!

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
Get well soon. Ditto what everyone has said. Fudge won't forget you!!! I hope you're not stuck in hospital for too much longer

Lots of love

Christina & Harvey

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 12:21:30 PM »
 ;) He won't forget you,have no fear ! :-*

Wishing you well and hope your hospital stay is shorter than you think ;) 

Thinking of you  :luv:

Jann and Flo  :-*

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 12:45:15 AM »
Sorry you are in hospital - hope you get well soon as poss. No I don't think your puppy will forget you either, specially as he will be with your mum and dad.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.