Author Topic: Will my puppy forget me?  (Read 4081 times)

Offline debbiedaywalker

Re: Will my puppy forget me?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 08:58:47 AM »

So sorry that you are in hospital, just concentrate on getting yourself better, I am in no doubt that your pup will not forget you.  Also, when you are stronger that would be nice if arrangements can be made for you to see him.  Take care, Debbie xx

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »
There is NO WAY he will forget you....cockers have an amazing memory for all things fun and food related!!!  :005:

and Ive heard of old dogs remembering their breeders who they left at 8 weeks!!! be perpared for him being actually stuck to your side when u get home tho!  :luv:

I wouldnt feel strange about asking if he could visit you....they will hear it all the time and I used to take my Dill into the hospitals as a therapy dog.....oooooh perhaps this is something you could even think about doing together once your all better?

Sending you lots of positive thoughts, if your in ur 20's then ur around my age (25) so if u ever get bored and need to chat while your in there feel free to pm me!!!

Offline cockerookie

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 11:36:06 PM »
Once again, just reading your posts has cheered my up no end  :D I'm privileged to have you all as new friends. I'll be sure not to miss the next COL meet in my area when I'm back on mt feet.

My parents visited today, and they said that Fudge is doing fine. He's bonding really well with my Dad, which is great! He's the main dog walker now, so I guess it's true about cockers remembering the feeder and player  ;) .Although, they say that he has started doing his business in the house again  :huh: He was pretty much house trained before. I wonder if he is just chancing his luck now that I'm not there.  ph34r :005:

P.s. Sorry for not thanking you all individually via pm etc..., this patientline keypad is tiny and it takes forever to type (my first post took up a whole evening lol)

Laters,

Jack

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »
Glad to hear that the posts cheered you up a bit.  :D  I'm sure COL will help you while away the odd hour here and there..... Really hope your stay in hospital goes as well as it can and that you and Fudge can be reunited as soon as possible.  :luv: 

Glad to hear that he is bonding with your Dad but I'm sure he wont forget you  :luv:  He's just saving those cocker cuddles for a massive one so I hope your prepared next time you see him  :005:

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
I am pleased that we all cheer you up...COL is sooooooo good at that.  I hope you will be back home with Fudge very soon.  Please don't worry about him he is obviously well loved by your Mum and Dad.   My husband was in the Army and we were living in Berlin and had to send our year old little cocker lady back to UK to be put in quarantine for 6 months (thankfully you don't have to do this these days) .  It broke my heart , we stayed in Berlin for 3 months but the last 3 months we were local to her kennel and could visit her daily if we wished.   Lucy was fine and apart from eczema that she had developed from laying on the wet concrete floor (which she then had for the rest of her life !) she didn't forget us at all.  It was like the last 6 months hadn't ever happened.........she wasn't even bothered when we brought a new fat little cocker puppy home a few weeks after her release.

Please don't worry about Fudge x
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »
Do they not let people have laptops in the hospital? I can understand where you cant have mobile phones etc. But just wondering cos you said the computer there was a bit naff? 

Amanda x

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
I seem to have missed this thread. I am so sorry.

I am sorry, too, that you are stuck in hospital for so long. It is great to know that your dog won't forget you. A real comfort, I am sure.

I do hope you will be much better soon.

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 07:10:39 PM »
Sending positive thoughts and imaginery flowers to you  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Hope you get well soon, don't worry about Fudge he won't forget you as the others have said, Maddy sees my friend who lives in Aus once every two years and she goes bonkers when I say Auntie Lod Lud is coming

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
How are you doing now?  I hope your parents are taking plenty of photos of Fudge for you, have you been able to see him?

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »
How are you doing now?  I hope your parents are taking plenty of photos of Fudge for you, have you been able to see him?

Ditto.  Wondering how you are?

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline annG

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
ditto : thinking of you.
           Hope your doing well.
:)
JAFFA!

Offline sassie

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 06:37:49 PM »
Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc
I know it's different but I think they remember
Sorry to hear you're unwell and wishing you a quick recovery  :luv:

That made me well up!

Hiya - so sorry to hear you are ill, plse don't worry I don't find that they ever forget, they don't understand time and you are part of his much loved pack, you have already bonded and that will never break.  Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery ;)

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 09:03:24 PM »
Hi. Noticed that you were logged on today but not posted anything. Really hoping you are recovering. Take care of yourself you have lots of people here who care. :luv: :luv: