Author Topic: Going to view my first Cocker Breeder on monday .....  (Read 5005 times)

Offline alexanders-mummy

Re: Going to view my first Cocker Breeder on monday .....
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 02:30:31 AM »
Well i checked the certs and they were clear when i met the pup again he didn't look like Ninja or Buddy so here is Alfie...

he aleready sits and waits for his food and he asks to go out to the loo(mostly) and he comes when called my son and him get on amazingly and I'm so happy ! the only things i am a little concerned about are that if he does wee its on his bed odd ? and he was wormed before i got him but the vet said tonight that he has worms ?? can they come back so quickly?

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »
Oh Alfie looks so lovely..............

Sorry to hear about his bed-wetting.....does he have paper just outside of his bed area?  I imagine he does.  Is his bedding all new to him.....only his smells on it?  Wondered if he might be trying to mark his territory.

Sounds as if all the other training is going so well.

Good luck with him............lucky, lucky you. xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 08:39:37 AM »
Alfie is  :luv:

Do you think there may be a smell of wee on his bed?  If there is, he will continue to pee there - need to wash it in biological powder - never use anything with bleach to clean up as the smell of ammonia is like wee and will encourage them to wee in that spot.  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:16 AM »
Aww Alfie, you look like a right bundle of fun and gorgeousness  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
Dennis now 19 weeks went through a stage of weeing on his bed  :-\  it was a big comfy bed and really hard to wash , so i bought a plastic one and put towels in it so it was easier to wash , he still has the comfy one but in a different area and now dosnt wee on eaither  :huh:

Alfie is sooooo cute  :luv: :luv:

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »
*thud*  :luv: oh gawd those just make me puppy broody  ::)  :lol2:

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline floydlennon

• Site Member
  • floyd lennon
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
he is stunnin congrats u are now the proud owner of madness and mayhem lol and u will love every minute of it just take this message seriously
HIDE YOUR SOCKS
lmao

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
Awwwwwwwww. He looks gorgeous.  :luv: I'm so pleased everything got sorted out ok.  :D The name Archie really suits him. I always have names in mind, but never decide for sure till there home as I think a lot of the time they name themselves. My lot have always weed in their beds overnight and I just had to get little beds that fitted in the washing machine as I was forever washing them. Make sure at night he has another option like newspaper and make sure he goes for a wee last thing at night and first thing in the morning and try the biological washing powder, but my lot did just grow out of it and are all clean now. With the worming, Maybe the wormer that he was given didn't cover all the types.  :huh: you would need to check that with the breeder and vets. Good luck with him and keep us up to date.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline LinzB

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:48 PM »
Awww, Alfiie is just  :luv: what a lovely face he's got!!

Offline McFly

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:30 AM »
Bit of a bump here - but I am viewing a pup from Thornbrook tomorrow.

Has everything been OK with your dog Alfie?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30:11 AM »

McFly, I've just looked at the original posters profile and she hasn't been on COL for a few months so probably won't see this. But if you click on "my messages" you can send her a message through COL that will appear on her personal email. Probably the only way you're going to be able to contact her.

Good luck with your viewing tomorrow. :D

Offline McFly

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »

McFly, I've just looked at the original posters profile and she hasn't been on COL for a few months so probably won't see this. But if you click on "my messages" you can send her a message through COL that will appear on her personal email. Probably the only way you're going to be able to contact her.

Good luck with your viewing tomorrow. :D

Thank you very much, Elaine.  :blink:

Offline dazza71

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »
I'm not sure how much of a recommendation it is as I didn't get my cockers from Thornbrook, but I do get them groomed there and the lady is great. I know I can't vouch for the quality of the pups or whether they have been health tested etc but my sister's father in law has used her for boarding for a long time and would also speak highly of her. Sorry this isn't a great recommendation butbut every little bit helps I think. Good luck with your viewing and let us know how you get on and post some photos if you end up with a pup. Good luck!

Offline McFly

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
I'm not sure how much of a recommendation it is as I didn't get my cockers from Thornbrook, but I do get them groomed there and the lady is great. I know I can't vouch for the quality of the pups or whether they have been health tested etc but my sister's father in law has used her for boarding for a long time and would also speak highly of her. Sorry this isn't a great recommendation butbut every little bit helps I think. Good luck with your viewing and let us know how you get on and post some photos if you end up with a pup. Good luck!

Thanks Dazza - that's very helpful, I think it shows that the lady knows the breed very well and is passionate about them.  That, I would imagine, means she is knowledgeable and would raise healthy pups. 

I'll definitely update the thread after my viewing.  :blink: