Author Topic: Willow is having a bad day....  (Read 1512 times)

Offline maddy74

Willow is having a bad day....
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
Willow was racing round the lounge earlier with OH and my father, I went out of the room and she ran after me, I didnt see her, heard dad and OH scream and I had nearly chopped the cocker in half  :'( She was okay, luckily she is QUICK and I missed her with the door. OH asked if cockers are like worms in relation to, if she was in two halves would we then have two????  :005: Im struggling to cope with one.... perish the thought.... :005: Bless our little Willow. Then OH trod on her paw outside and she really yelped. OH is now in the dog house, Willow has forgiven him but I havnt. Willows paw is fine.  :D She then went to the vets for check and first jab, they wont do her first jab for another few days as they want he to but with us a bit longer. Her stools are a bit sloppy at the min and vet said her glands are swollen in her neck.  :'( our poor baby. She seems fine though. No temperature and her weight is fine. She weighs 3.3kg, so my scales must be wrong as I though she was more than this. Lol she has just got hold of OH's remote for his playstation I may leave her with it and this can be payback for him standing on her paw earlier.... :005:

Offline Choc-Chip

Re: Willow is having a bad day....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:49:56 PM »
 :005: bless her. You wouldn't believe the amount of times we've troden on Woody's paws but the more fuss you make over the more they milk it. Sounds awful and I always feel guilty. I have found that for the first couple of weeks of having both our cockers they're poos can be quite runny but once they've settled in they become firmer. Hope Willow is ok and don't do too much worrying! I'm sure she will be absolutely fine  :luv:

Offline maddy74

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Thanks choc chip, more worried bout the swollen glands than runny poops at min. :'( Although I am a bit worried bout that... She seems fine in herself and completly at home here now. She sleeps well, plays hard, eats well and is very sociable and always likes to be with us. We are very lucky really.  :luv: I cant imagine life without her now.

Offline NickyT

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »
Aww, she'll be fine...When we first had Charlie he was like lightning always under your feet before you saw him and he got trodden on a few times.  The one time I did it tho it was me that came off worse, because I tried to dodge him so quickly I ended up with a very badly torn calf muscle and was on crutches for 2 weeks lol  :-\

Offline maddy74

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 05:24:15 PM »
OMG Nicky poor you. I am sure Willow will face much worse, but she is soooo tiny and he is soooo BIG.... :'( Bless her

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »
Try not to worry, little Willow will be fine  :luv: :luv:

When Poppy was just over 8 weeks old she wriggled as I carried her out into the garden and fell from my arms onto the patio...she screamed and cried for about ten minutes (I cried for an hour  :'() but she was fine  :luv: :luv:

Willow is absolutely gorgeous btw  :luv: :luv:

Offline mark1

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 06:32:57 PM »
I shut Baileys head in the stair gate because he was so quick following me through the door. I actually had fully shut it and had to take the gate off so as not hurt him. Bless him he lay there looking at me as if to say "why did you do that". I have troden on more paws than I'd care to remember but they are tough little cookies and she'll be fine. She is such a cutie  :luv:

Offline Ollie

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »
With my size 11's I', going to be paranoid :005: Will leave boots in the porch. Dread stepping on our Ollie.

Roll on next Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline maddy74

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
poor Poppy and poor Bailey.... Maybe i will start being nice to OH now then. He blamed me for distracting him.... GRRR.... Its not rocket science is it that a puppy running about could get under your feet.  >:(

Offline Pip895

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 06:52:06 PM »
With my size 11's I', going to be paranoid :005: Will leave boots in the porch. Dread stepping on our Ollie.

Roll on next Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure many escape without being trodden on/and or kicked - I think its the only way they learn to keep out of the way of your feet in the end. :005:  I picked up my squealing whimpering pup on one occasion, convinced I had done something terrible and would spend the rest of the day at the vets.  Put her down a minute or so later and she was right as rain. :D  They are tough - and not shy of letting you know if you hurt them. :005:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »
We had only had Ellie a day when she fell off my knee onto the hard kitchen floor.  She was fine but me and OH were a complete mess.  Then I was out in the garden with her and our next door neighbour asked to see her.  I proudly picked her up and banged her head on the wall.  She has also had more paws trodden on that I can remember, but once she has had a cuddle she forgets about them all. 

I am sure Willow will soon forget todays mishaps.

Offline maddy74

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
lol country girl. Think she has forgotton already but not telling OH that cuz whilst he still feels bad he makes more trips out in the garden in the rain with her to do her wees and poops  :005:

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 08:02:19 PM »
I shut Baileys head in the stair gate because he was so quick following me through the door. I actually had fully shut it and had to take the gate off so as not hurt him. Bless him he lay there looking at me as if to say "why did you do that". I have troden on more paws than I'd care to remember but they are tough little cookies and she'll be fine. She is such a cutie  :luv:

Watch you dont stand on your new baby's paws.... i dread to think what she'd do for revenge :005: :005:

We've stood on lots of paws too..... they're very quick to forgive you though, bless them :luv:
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
We dropped both our girls as babies and they turned out ok so am sure pups will too!

Offline Black Red + Yellow

• Inactive
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »
We dropped both our girls as babies and they turned out ok so am sure pups will too!

I did my eldest daughter too :lol2:

Willow will be fine in a few days time.....although outwardly she might seem very very happy, she's been through such a lot of changes in the last few days - it will have an effect on her in one way or another......my Willow went bald (she was 12 months though!).