Author Topic: Love him to bits but how to lesson the "shadow" effect  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
Love him to bits but how to lesson the "shadow" effect
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
Title says it all really. Toby is fab, we love him but he follows me around! When i leave the room, he follows me. No one else from family.

Any thoughts - or is it a baby thing! :005:

Sara

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Love him to bits but how to lesson the "shadow" effect
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
It's a cocker thing and won't ever stop  :005:

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
It's a cocker thing and unlikely to change much I reckon!   :005: He LOVES you!  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Maisie can look fast asleep but if I get up and move, she's on the case!  :005:

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:32:37 PM »
Definitely a cocker thing.   :005:  Charlie is the same with both me and OH, we cant move without him being there. It used to annoy me when he was a pup (he was our first cocker) but now I understand the breed more, I find it  a very endearing quality.
Charlie will even sit outside the toilet door waiting ( or in the actual room with OH  :D ) just in case he misses some of the action.  :005: :005:
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »
Unfortunately it's unlikely to lessen :005:  Odie (now nearly 16 months) still follows me everywhere (inc the bathroom ph34r).  He will even sit at the closed living room door whilst hubby is in same room, to await my return :shades:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline choccietoby

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:47:10 PM »
Yep my Toby follows me everywhere, even when I think he's fast asleep, I move, he watches me leave and promptly trots along behind me, I fear I will never be alone again  >:(

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:03 PM »
Cocker thing ;) :D

My Weim will come for cuddles but she's happy to do her own thing much more.. Dave is ALWAYS at my feet, but he's quite sweet I don't really notice him following me... my last cocker was a bit of a 'mare in the Velcro department, he would leap in the air if I so much as shifted in my seat in case he missed out on something... that was a little irritating at times :lol2:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
Can only agree with everyone else - Alice and Louis are known in this house as my bridesmaid and pageboy  :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:08:30 PM »
Yep, cocker thing  :-\  Baby gates are the only solution  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline madelon162

• sadie
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:34:56 AM »
Sadie follows me everywhere, including the bathroom, Just got to get used to your little shadow. Its an obvious cocker thing, and I would not be without.

Offline scoobysue

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
Unfortunately it's unlikely to lessen :005:  Odie (now nearly 16 months) still follows me everywhere (inc the bathroom ph34r).  He will even sit at the closed living room door whilst hubby is in same room, to await my return :shades:
same here with two of them they both sit at closed doors with hubby in room if i need to nip to the loo !!! ,i find  it nice at least you dont have to worry where they are bless them :005: :005:

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
Same here - sometimes I wish Grace wouldn't follow me everywhere - but when she doesn't follow me I worry that something must be wrong!

Offline Sara750S

• Toby
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:54 AM »
Thank you for the replies - I love him dearly but have trodden on him  more than once as he is close by! But he does settle if I am not in a room so its not like he is sat at a door with rest of family saying "where's that strange women I like her best"!   :005:

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:42 AM »
Yep same her, has been the same with all my previous Spaniels, more difficult with my two now , as when I try to avoid walking on one I find myself tripping and flailing over the other.
Not much room on our little landing outside the bathroom door, were they insist on waiting, how the heck I have avoided falling down the stairs i will never know...

Offline Noodle

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »
Tess used to sit on my foot so she could  detect any sudden moves and follow me, she would also jump on my feet as i was walking to stop me for a
cuddle  :luv:  However she is now very chilled in the house and happy to do her own thing and follows me much less.

My Springer Bella is by far worse for the following, even if she is sleeping she knows when i have moved and comes with me. She also sniffs under doors
and can find out which room i am in so it's very much a Spaniel thing  :D
Nic, Tess & Bella x