Author Topic: Wind  (Read 654 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Wind
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
Since changing Harry to JWB his pooing has improved considerably but the downside was his farting increased but not to the extent that it was too bad. However the last few days has seen increased activity in the botty area and he's farting for England. He hasn't had any change to his diet, hasn't appeared to eat anything that he shouldn't. Anyone got any remedies to it down on the gas?

Offline maddy74

Re: Wind
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 11:28:31 PM »
Willows tum wasnt good on JWB she too farted for England and her poops sloppy, although she did have colitis too, in the end we had to change her food it was the only thing that cured it  ;)

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
I have read numerous threads on the 'dangers' of JWB and like I said apart from the occasional bubble Harry was fine until a few days ago. Now he in danger of joining Curiosity on Mars!! Seems strange that's he's been relatively gas free until now.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »
Our two are now on Applaws and their poops are nice and solid and no wind problems. Their coats are in fantastic condition too. I chose this because it does not contain any cereals or grain. Its 75% meat and 25% veg

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Riley had wind with the turkey JWB but he is brilliant with the fish, lamb and duck. Also has usually 2-3 firm poops each day and NO wind.
Each dog is different with food, whats agreeing for one might not for another, its about finding what suits YOUR dog.

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »
Oooh I remember the JWB farts, Fred was a little stinker an in the end we had to change his food as wearing a gas mask wasn't an option I was willing to live with, Kooki on the other hand never had any wind on it but is a total stinker when she gets scrambled eggs
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »
Oooh I remember the JWB farts, Fred was a little stinker an in the end we had to change his food as wearing a gas mask wasn't an option I was willing to live with

Same here! Ugh, it was horrendous!
Maybe try a different variety of JWB? Good luck, hope you can solve it, it is verrrrry stinky isn't it!

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
And yet, today not a whiff, unless he's dropped a couple outside when he's been walking.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »
And yet, today not a whiff, unless he's dropped a couple outside when he's been walking.

Is he maybe sometimes gulping his dinner to fast? taking in too much air and therefore producing lots of wind.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
Charlie rarely suffers from wind...however he was on JWB when I got him and the first few nights his stink was horrendous...(he refused to eat JWB) so I switched him...however he still occasionally has it (in his treat ball as I have leftovers) and when he's had more than a couple of bits he stinks.

My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline lottiescat

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
Our springer cleared the room on JWB ,in fact nearly wrecked my daughters romance when farting through supper the first time she brought the boyfriend home !!!!! Thank goodness he is a vet !! No more prolems on Orijen and Keepers Mix.

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
But he does love his JWB and I've just got a big batch in though I am sure PAH will exchange it. Question is to what?

Offline lottiescat

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
Hi,PAH are excellent at changing things our others are on Arden Grange.

Offline tenaille

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »
Recently changed Beau over to 'Taste of the Wild' which he really enjoys, far more so than any other kibble.  The other evening he cleared the room with a 'silent but deadly' so we thought maybe a mistake changing food, however we eventually found the remains of a cauliflower he'd pinched from the kitchen and eaten ........ >:(