Author Topic: Should whiskers be cut?  (Read 4851 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Should whiskers be cut?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 04:20:51 PM »
Bea looks beautiful! What a difference a de-biggelization makes!!  :005:
- and the hard whiskers are definately better left long - , I shall make a point of telling her  next time.  :D

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »
Ah, gorgeous Bea. She has such a dainty little head. Hope she continues to be well and no more pesky pancreatitis.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 06:41:57 PM »
Thank you,

I'm glad she could help, I remember her first trim and I was asked " how do you want her to look" :dunno:

I didn't know there where so many options  :005:

Offline desthomas

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »
I was of the same opinion as the majority here in that they should be left on.  However, there is not a single show dog in the ring with them left on that I have seen, and a woman who works and shows her show cocker made the point that they'd have to be huge if they were still used for that purpose.

Your dog, you choice, but it is pretty much the norm in the show ring.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
I was of the same opinion as the majority here in that they should be left on.  However, there is not a single show dog in the ring with them left on that I have seen, and a woman who works and shows her show cocker made the point that they'd have to be huge if they were still used for that purpose.

Your dog, you choice, but it is pretty much the norm in the show ring.

I'm happy to say that since I originally posted, the whiskers are starting to grow again but will definately keep them in future, although I watched a grooming video recently in which they also said it was normal to shave them off for show. HUmphrey'd never make it into the show ring in any case - he'd probably be disqualified for trying to bribe the judges with licks and presents (socks!)?anyway!!  :005: :005: