Cocker Specific Discussion > Insurance

Anyone used Bought By Many (currently feel ripped off by MoreThan)

<< < (2/2)

AndyB:
I am with Bought by Many and so far am extremely impressed.  Maisie will be 3 on Boxing Day and has been insured with them for about 16 months.  I have only had Maisie for 18 months as she is a rescue.  She had only been insured for about 5 weeks when she decided to take my mobile phone from the kitchen worktop when I was otherwise occupied. (Many COL members will know that Maisie has been quite a challenge).   She took the phone into her crate and gave it a damn good chewing.  This was around lunch time on a Saturday, after my vets had closed.  They are only open until 12.00 on Saturdays.  So I had to go to an emergency vet.  They gave Maisie an injection to make her sick and thank God all that came up were some small pieces of leather from the phone case.  The bill came to £550  :huh:  I honestly thought I would have a real problem because Maisie had been insured with Bought by Many for such a short period.  I was completely wrong.  They paid the claim, less the excess, within around 2 weeks.  To be honest I was astounded.  The premiums have only gone up couple of pounds a month so at the moment I am very impressed. 

My previous spaniel was insured with More Than for most of his life and the problems I had with them when he had surgery to remove two cysts were ridiculous.  It was the first time I had claimed and it took months before they settled the claim.  Lots of queries and form filling with my vet.  The premiums increased considerably year on year. 

I can only comment on my personal experience but at the moment I have no complaints about Bought by Many.

sophie.ivy:
My puppy and cat are insured with Bought by Many and I have no complaints. I haven't had to make a claim on my dog, but have made a few claims on my cat who was quite a poorly boy when he was younger. Always found them easy to talk to and deal with and claims were handled quickly. They did try to raise the monthly cost on my cat this year (for the first time as he just had his 10th birthday) but as we wanted the dog covered too, we agreed a good price on joint cover.

I've heard good things about John Lewis pet insurance too so might be worth comparing them both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version