Author Topic: De-icer warning  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
Re: De-icer warning
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
So pleased to hear that Albert :luv: is home and on the mend  :-*
Janet & Poppy

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »
So pleased to read Alberts home  :luv:  Suspect you'll be enjoying extra special cuddles tonight  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline ali2010

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
Let this be a lesson to us all. It 's given me a wake up call
So glad Albert is back up and running  :luv:

Its given me a wake up call aswell. What I didn't realise was that de icer tastes like sugar to dogs, will never buy it again. Also feel so angry with myself for being so stupid.  We have done lots of dog training with Albert as he did have a few issues when he came to live with us (he's a rescue dog). One thing we have always struggled with is 'leave it' training so I have booked some one to one training sessions with our dog trainer (who is brilliant)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 10:54:39 PM »
Let this be a lesson to us all. It 's given me a wake up call
So glad Albert is back up and running  :luv:

Its given me a wake up call aswell. What I didn't realise was that de icer tastes like sugar to dogs, will never buy it again. Also feel so angry with myself for being so stupid.  We have done lots of dog training with Albert as he did have a few issues when he came to live with us (he's a rescue dog). One thing we have always struggled with is 'leave it' training so I have booked some one to one training sessions with our dog trainer (who is brilliant)

Please please please don't beat yourself up. This could have been any one of us. It's so easy for these things to happen. I just want to thank you for bringing it to my attention, I had no idea. I will never be using it again. Hugs to you and lovely Albert.  :luv: :luv:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »
Its also a reminder not to let dogs drink from puddles on roads as this may also contain leaked/spilled antifreeze
(take note from Oliver's blog In just second everything can change)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!