Author Topic: Poorly armpit.  (Read 5329 times)

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
Re: Poorly armpit.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »
Lovely news Claire. Keep it up Honey  :luv:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »
great news Claire  :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
Pleased Honey's OK now (well more or less anyway)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »

Well, wound is continuing to recover well, but Honey is still feeling very sorry for herself.
Unfortunately, due to the wound location, she has been strictly off-walks (she's had 2 trips on-lead to the local shop (5mins) and that's it) and we can't go out in the garden to play with her new Kong stick, either.  I held off trying any clicker training too, as she gets very over-excited with that and jumps around a lot.  But now she is spending long periods hiding in her crate (she thinks every time I try and get her attention I'm going to do something rotten to her  :'( like give her a tablet or check her wound or, even worse, groom her). 
Hopefully once she can run about a bit more, we can do a bit more bonding again...  :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
Poor Honey :'(

It must be awful for both of you at the moment, but I'm sure once she's well enough to be out doing things again she'll go back to her usual self :luv:. Do you know when she'll be allowed on walks?

William has been on limited exercise and antibiotics because of an inflamed and infected pad on his left front foot. No idea what caused it but it's looking normal again now. He had about 9 days where he was hardly walked at all because all the mud and water was making things worse, but he's always been relaxed about having the occasional day at home and just snuggles up next to me or follows me round the house to inspect whatever I'm doing :luv:.

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
I'm sure she will be ok soon and forget the tablets etc. Cassie was very much the same, one day very sorry for herself and the next .. EH UP I'm up for anything!!!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »
It's horrible when you can't explain 'why' to a dog  :-\

You are doing amazingly well keeping her contained and I know how hard it must be for you both :bigarmhug:  Hoping that she heals quickly and can get back to her old self very very soon  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »

She finally seems to be getting back to her normal self - she even tried to steal a chocolate this morning (from a box which had been in easy reach since before Christmas!).
We go to get her stitches out on Monday, and hopefully can start building up walks after that...

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
Lovely news  :shades: :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »

Stitches all out and, once the soreness from where the stitches were rubbing has healed we can start building up walks....  :D

However, as I was the one holding her while the stitches were removed, I suspect the work on rebuilding her trust has just been undone.
And she gets to go for her vaccinations next week...

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
That is good that all the 'nasties' are out of the way and Honey can have some fun time with you, and rebuild her trust and her bond.  Let's hope the rain eases off now too for some nice walks.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »

Stitches all out and, once the soreness from where the stitches were rubbing has healed we can start building up walks....  :D

However, as I was the one holding her while the stitches were removed, I suspect the work on rebuilding her trust has just been undone.
And she gets to go for her vaccinations next week...

Can you delay her vaccinations for a few weeks until she's back on track with trusting you?

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »
So glad she's getting better. But sorry that you have had to be the one doing the nasty things  :'(

At work I'm always so grateful that I have several other excellent horse trainers to restrain my little scared ponies when they need the vet. Wish I had the same for Millie!

Millie

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »

Vaccinations are already a month late as the reminder got lost in the post....  ph34r
And I think it's probably better to get them over and done with rather than getting her more relaxed only to take her back again....

And, while I hate the fact that I had to, I'm glad it was me holding her down... deep down she does trust me and I think it would freak her out far more for anyone else to be restraining her....  :-\  She's a funny little dog, but somewhere in her mind she seems to sense that I do things for her benefit, whereas she's not so confident that other people have the same idea...

Offline PennyB

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
Vaccinations are already a month late as the reminder got lost in the post....  ph34r

You can actually leave it a few months or more before you're out of time with vax - I often don't vax on time
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!