Author Topic: What is this wee bump/lump on eye lid?  (Read 415 times)

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
What is this wee bump/lump on eye lid?
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »
I have just noticed a wee bump on my boys lower eye lid, am I right in thinking this is a Stye? and if so does just bathing it with warm water make it vanish  :huh: Its quite soft and a tad weepy have seen a bit of ouze on the cotton wool pad after Ive wiped his eye.

It does not seem to be bothering him at all just bothers me that he seems to have gained another lump!  >:(

Any Ideas?

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: What is this wee bump/lump on eye lid?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »
My boy Dickon had similar which the vet said was a little cyst and we should just ignore it as it wasn't growing and wasn't bothering him. At first i had thought it was a tic so do check yours for legs!  :shades: If its oozy I'd be inclined to get it checked by a vet just in case there's any infection there.

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
My poppy had one like it so we bathed it in salt water, but it didn't go away so we got the vet to look at it.
It was a sort of cyst but it was rubbing on her eye so we had to have it removed. If it was me I would bathe it and if it doesn't go away over the weekend get the vet to have a look at it  ;) x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline sox

• Site Member
  • You don't have a life without a cocker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:59:31 PM »
It def does not have legs, have just double checked  :shades:

Will keep an eye on it just in case. I only noticed it the other day, will continue to bathe it twice a day and see whats happens, hopefully it will get smaller and disapear however if not another trip to the vets for Sox  :'(