Author Topic: Preventing cocker 'snow balls' top tips could be useful!  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Preventing cocker 'snow balls' top tips could be useful!
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 08:21:23 AM »
Spray leave-in conditioner worked a treat today
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 12:35:36 PM »
After coat conditioner didn't work yesterday, today I tried this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Groomers-Grooming-Spray-Groom-Tangle/dp/B0030DEP5A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358706388&sr=8-2
Have to say, his feet only had a few little snowballs on them and when I took his suit off, there were quite big snowballs inside the legs but they hadn't stuck to his fur at all, like they did yesterday.  I would say this has certainly helped and he was out for three hours.

You know, I think that's what I use ph34r. I have two bottles, a conditioning spray and a detangling spray and now I'm wondering which one I used last year successfully. We are meant to be getting lots of snow tomorrow so guess I'll find out!

Jenny, it's the white liquid which is called anti tangle.  I use it to remove knots and mats and it's fantastic for that so I thought I'd give it a go for preventing snowballs too.

I will spray half of her with one bottle and the other half with the other and see which one works best :lol2:

Well I did this :P and both seemed to work very well. I used the anti tangle spray mentioned above by Neon and the Groomers Conditioning Spray with Evening Primrose Oil.

They seem to last quite a while with Brodie too, I don't need to reapply until the next day.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »
Ozzy had snowballs the first day after it had snowed, and i showered his legs and tummy with warm water to melt them (he wasn't keen at first but got used to it after a minute or two) He hasn't had any since, apart from the second day when he had a few on his feet, but they were tiny and melted as soon as we got indoors, without any help from me.  I haven't used anything to try and stop them because until I read this thread yesterday I didn't know there was anything you could do to stop them.  I'm sure that it was the type of snow that first day, very dry and powdery.  Even though it's still laying around here, it's much more frozen now, and isn't adhering to his fluff any more.  Next time we get a fresh fall I'm going to try conditioner and see if it works.