Author Topic: Aural haematoma, bellas had her op now :-(  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Re: Aural haematoma
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
It's been drained again, she's so good at the vets and she loves going  :luv:

Just hoping it doesn't refill.

Bless her,good girl Bella.Ruby would be a right wuss  :005:

Fingers crossed this does the trick  ;)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »
No it hasn't happened again was a good while back two years or more.
After then second drain it filled a little then went down again
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »
Poor Bella, hope the second drain works and her poorly ear gets better very soon.

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:16 PM »
Really hope the drain works.  Poor Josie had this last summer.  2 drains and still came straight up the next day - it was horrible.  She had surgery and was in a buster collar for ages.  Finally took the stitches out and within days it came back so she had to have the operation all over again.  (Don't want to worry you - just warning you it could happen)
This time they left the buster collar on and stitches in even longer (it seemed to us as if she had the collar and stitches for ages!!!) She hated the buster collar and never got used to it.  We borrowed a soft collar which was slightly better but she still hated it.
Eventually took the stitches  out and (touch wood) she has been fine ever since.
Hope it goes ok for Bella.

Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »
Oh poor Bella, and poor you.  It is just awful when you can't wave a magic wand and make horrible things go away for them.

Keeping paws and fingers crossed here for a good result this time, avoiding the op.

Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
Really hope the drain works.  Poor Josie had this last summer.  2 drains and still came straight up the next day - it was horrible.  She had surgery and was in a buster collar for ages.  Finally took the stitches out and within days it came back so she had to have the operation all over again.  (Don't want to worry you - just warning you it could happen)
This time they left the buster collar on and stitches in even longer (it seemed to us as if she had the collar and stitches for ages!!!) She hated the buster collar and never got used to it.  We borrowed a soft collar which was slightly better but she still hated it.
Eventually took the stitches  out and (touch wood) she has been fine ever since.
Hope it goes ok for Bella.

Poor Rosie. Glad it's all sorted now.
Thanks for writing this, it never occurred to me that surgery might not work. It's always good to have knowlege and be prepared.

Fingers crossed it doesn't refill, just had a look and it's ok so far.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »
Sorry - but i'm very ignorant  ph34r  when it comes to this sort of thing - what on earth causes it, and why does it keep filling up? :huh:

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
Sorry - but i'm very ignorant  ph34r  when it comes to this sort of thing - what on earth causes it, and why does it keep filling up? :huh:

From what I understand its most likely from flapping her ears or scratching, the capillaries in ear burst and bleed and generally they get a haematoma. Bellas was the size of a boiled egg. She's had it drained twice now and on antibiotics and steroids. It was drained yesterday so was flat but some fluid has recollected today.
She's not bothered by it.
But if left they get 'cauliflower ear' like rugby players get

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »

From what I understand its most likely from flapping her ears or scratching, the capillaries in ear burst and bleed and generally they get a haematoma. Bellas was the size of a boiled egg. She's had it drained twice now and on antibiotics and steroids. It was drained yesterday so was flat but some fluid has recollected today.
She's not bothered by it.
But if left they get 'cauliflower ear' like rugby players get

Good grief!!!  I think I'm going to have to stop reading the Health bit in COL - there are all these horrible afflictions that I've never heard of to worry about!  I worry about Ozzy enough as it is!!  Hope Bella is more comfortable soon and that she doesn't need to have the op.  :luv:

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »
Come home to a stuck out ear again, its refilled, same size. Vets tomorrow :-(

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
Come home to a stuck out ear again, its refilled, same size. Vets tomorrow :-(

Oh, poor Bella - hope things go well at the vets.  :luv:

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
Oh no....poor Bella, and poor you.  You must be worried sick.

Hope all goes ok at the vet.  Will watch for update. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
Booked in for op on Thursday :-(

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »

Thinking of Bella.

We never looked back after Lily's ear surgery.  She suffered so much before the op, and all she had to endure afterwards was a bit of hearing loss.

Wishing Bella a speedy recovery, and to be comfortable once again. Xx

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »

Aww Poor Bella :(
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)