Author Topic: Teal at vets  (Read 2910 times)

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
Re: Teal at vets
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »
So glad Teal is on the mend. We had a Border Collie who did the same as Teal on more than one occasion. She would eat everything in sight. Leaves,sticks,paper,fluff etc etc. It. Seemed like she was trying to clear something in her throat. She would cough and gag.Luckily no surgery was needed but we learned to tie her up when it happened until the episode was over. Sometimes it would go on for hours and was distressing.

I'm glad to say she lived a long happy life despite this.

Good luck to Teal. Speedy recovery.

If I ever see her as much look at vegetation again I will sellotape her mouth shut :D.

She had her Metacam lunchtime yesterday and within the hour Teal decided a few things, she was starving, better, and it was time to play first she brought me tuggy rope then when I refused to play she picked up her kong and repeatedly throwing it at me.   I had forgot how difficult it is to keep her settled and calm, I am sure she is doing everything she can to panic me. 
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2017, 11:49:11 AM »
So glad Teal is on the mend. We had a Border Collie who did the same as Teal on more than one occasion. She would eat everything in sight. Leaves,sticks,paper,fluff etc etc. It. Seemed like she was trying to clear something in her throat. She would cough and gag.Luckily no surgery was needed but we learned to tie her up when it happened until the episode was over. Sometimes it would go on for hours and was distressing.

I'm glad to say she lived a long happy life despite this.

Good luck to Teal. Speedy recovery.
One of mine does this - usually when he's pulled burdock seed cases out of his feathers.  I think the hooky bits stick in their throats.  It's a bit alarming, and when he first did it I rushed off the emergency vet (who then said there was nothing they would do as the dog could breathe fine). By morning he was fine.  Anyway, now I just make sure that after every walk, all the dogs are checked for any seeds/ sticky buds and I remove them.  Not to say I always get them out before he does.  sometimes i'll give him a bit of toast - that's helped on occasion.  Otherwise he is normally sick and that seems to dislodge whatever is causing the irritation.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
so glad she's on the mend!!  :banana:

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2017, 06:01:52 PM »
Gosh only just catching up. What an ordeal for Teal and you all as well. Glad she's on the mend now  :luv: :luv: