Author Topic: Brown Nose  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Brown Nose
« on: March 04, 2003, 02:32:59 PM »
Amber's nose is generally shiny black but occasionally it turns lighter, so it's a liver brown colour.  Anyone know why?  I'm definiately not imagining it as my mum has noticed it too....    ???                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Brown Nose
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 03:32:56 PM »
Thats silly ;D

I've never heard of their noses turning colour occasionally! Are you sure Ambers not been in the makeup draw????

Phoebe's nose has changed to brown over the last few months and it has stayed that way. I think her's changed to match her colouring (Orange Roan).

Maybe some of the others wil know why ;D                    
Anita

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Brown Nose
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 03:38:34 PM »
Silly or not it was brown a few months ago and now it's black again... :o :o                    

Offline FionaM

• Site Member
Brown Nose
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 03:53:40 PM »
I'm sure I've heard of this before.

Can't remember the details but it might be something to do with temperature or something like that (or maybe hormones  ???)

Can't remember properly but I'm sure someone else will know  :)                    
Fiona & Poppy :)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Brown Nose
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 09:33:02 PM »
I'm not sure what the scientific explanation is but golds & orange roans etc do tend to lose their nose pigment sometimes - our first Cocker was orange & mostly her nose was jet black but in winter, it always went a brown colour & then went black again once winter was over. Some say it's to do with central heating but it happens to dogs who are kennelled as well so that can't be the reason. I've noticed since Ruby had her season, her nose is now a dark brown rather than black so I suspect hormones have something to do with it. I have read that loss of nose pigment can be due to a reaction with certain plastic food bowls but as Ruby's bowl is stainless steel, bang goes that theory ;D                    
Jane

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Brown Nose
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 09:50:38 PM »
Buddy's nose sometimes goes a little lighter too - then goes dark again. Jasper's is always black black black ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
Brown Nose
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 09:37:10 AM »
I'm glad Amber's not the only one!  I wondered if it was to do with her seasons, but she was spayed last year and her nose is currently brown.  I also wondered about something missing from her diet ..... but if other dogs' noses change, then maybe not.  It would be interesting to find out more though  :)                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Brown Nose
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2003, 09:42:38 AM »
Wow :) I'll have to check Phoebe's nose now to see if it changes colour :)                    
Anita

Anonymous

Brown Nose
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 04:47:35 PM »
My orange roan, Rosie, during her season her nose is quite dark, before and after her nose is brown..........so it may be hormonal!  Good job it doesn't happen to us women  ;D