Author Topic: What's wrong with Max?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: What's wrong with Max?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 01:33:40 PM »
That's great. Bet you are feeling better now. To say nothing of Max.

Another lady at the vets said her dog had a grass seed removed last yeat (long haired dachshund) but carried on shaking and scratching etc for the night after, she was worried that there was another one in there. She was fine in the morning though.

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »
Glad to hear he's ok, Give him a squeeze from us :luv:

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 01:49:30 PM »
Glad to know he is on the mend and they removed that nasty grass seed, give him loads of cuddles from me too  :luv:
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 02:10:51 PM »
That's excellent news  :D
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 02:14:32 PM »
Glad to hear its out now, bless his cotton socks, lots of hugs coming his way :luv:

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 02:27:17 PM »
Brilliant that he's ok

Could you pop up to me and run round my house? I've been cuddling little madam who was sick this am and done nothing at all :luv: Wouldn't mind but she's back to normal and definately making up for lost time >:( >:D

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »
Glad they got it out okay. Not long until he is home now ;)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline SARAHLP

• Site Member
  • Maisy at 4 weeks
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »
Ahh glad Max is recovering!!  :luv:  Brave little boy!!
xxx Love Sarah & (crazy) Maisy xx

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Poor little mite is sooooooooooooooooooo dopey & sorry for himself!! We couldn't stand it any longer & turned up at the vets early & they let us have him back!!  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

His ears are a bit red & sore inside & they've shaved a little patch of hair inside each one & he's also obviously got a shaved bit & a bandage round his leg from the IV which is really winding him up - he keeps looking at it & trying to shake it off & bite at it! He's not remotely interested in food or drink or even having a wee or stretching his legs outside - just wants to curl up on his own with no fuss from us & sleep, bless him!!  :-\

He's got a follow up tomorrow morning & they're prob gonna put some sort of treatment in his ears I think - can't remember what for though!!  ::)

I'm expecting him to sleep on & off for most of the rest of the day/evening & I'll try not to panic if he doesn't want to eat anything etc even though he must be hungry cos the last thing he had was a few gravy bones before bed last night at 11pm ish. They did say that his tum might be a bit upset & he might be a bit squitty - no change there then! He's been doing whippys on & off for the past week since he recovered from his tummy bug, love him!!  :luv:

He's asleep on the sofa with 'dad' at the moment while I fuss round the place - god, I've been so stressed about him today that I succumbed to a very naughty & rather large chewy double choc chip cookie with a cuppa this aft. - damn - diet was going sooooooo well too!! Ah well!!!!  :005:

Thanks for all your kind words & support as usual - this forum is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;) :D

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
Awww, bless him - glad he's home safe now and getting spoiled to bits by the sounds of things!

Most dogs just like something light aftr an anaesthetic - just fed small meals often rather than one big one, and something bland. They may want to put antibiotic drops in - in case ther was a wee bit of infection, sometimes becaus the area has been irritated it's red, so they like to look again the next day.

Indie and Hamish send licks and manly hugs  :luv:
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 04:57:03 PM »
I'm really glad he's at home and on the mend, bless him  :luv: :luv:

He'll probably be a bit out of it for the rest of the day so I wouldn't worry too much if he's not interested in food, I'm sure he'll be back to his usual self by tomorrow  :D

Don't feel bad about the cookie, at least you only had one, I'd have had the whole packet!!  ph34r  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »
Just rang the vet & asked if I could take off the bandage from his leg cos he wouldn't stop messing with it & she said it would be fine - we could see the obvious relief, bless him - he licked us with gratitude! He's settled down now - wasn't interested in proper food but pinched a ruddy puppy tubo that was on the floor next to his bowl from earlier today, so he's obviously feeling better!!  :005: :luv: :005:

Bless him - they've shaved quite a big patch of hair away on his leg - looks really odd!  :lol:

It's funny - he has about 1 minute of alertness & then crashes out again - he's on the sofa again now, all snuggled up on the cushions that he's not supposed to be on, but I'm letting him off today!!  ;)

I'll offer him a small meal later & then maybe again for supper, but leave it at that - if he eats it, fine, but if not, I won't worry.

He he - if I'd had a whole packet of cookies in the house Nicola, they'd be gone by now - deffo!!   :005: :005: I'm currently wrestling with my self control about whether or not to get a take-away for tea vs cooking properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :005: :005:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
AWWWWWWWW bless him, I am glad it is all sorted. :D
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 06:30:14 PM »
Glad to hear he's home. You will all be much happier now!

Don't worry about the diet and the cookie. I am sure you will have stressed-off all those extra calories today! ;)

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »
OOPS - hubby has just gone for an Indian takeaway - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well - rollox to it - might even do the diet some good - I've lost almost 2 stone lately & I've got to that point now where it's stuck & not moving anymore, so maybe all the calories today will kick start it - ha ha - I can dream!!!!

:005: :005: :005:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!