Author Topic: What's wrong with Max?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: What's wrong with Max?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 08:01:06 PM »
Glad he's home and happier now the bandage is off his paw.

Enjoy the Indian takeaway, diet can start again tomorrow,  ;) you deserve a wee treat especially with going through all you have today and losing 2 stone WELL DONE

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 09:24:35 PM »
I'm glad Max is better & back home again Kath; you must feel relieved!!

Well done losing 2 stones!!.......I'm really impressed!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2006, 12:12:06 AM »
Oh god, I feel GROSS - too much MSG from the takeaway!!!!!!!!!! That'll teach me!!!!!!!!! :P

Max is feeling lots better I think - slowly but surely perked up a bit throughout the evening - still not himself but getting there! He had a tiny bit of tea & a bit of a chew inbetween snoozing, so he can't be that bad! He's just polished off his usual bedtime gravy bones & is now dozing on our bed with hubby - about to be turfed off when I get in!! Well, let's see what tomorrow brings eh?!  ::)

Thanks for all your kind words & support today!!  ;)
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 07:54:37 AM »
Kath, I am so sorry I missed this.... :embarassed:
I am sooo glad to hear Max is on the mend, those pesky grass seeds!!   Well done on losing 2 stone, I am very jealous!!

Give the gorgeous Max a cuddle :luv: from us

Petra

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 08:11:01 AM »
Kathy, sometimes a good fest is all you need to kick start more weight loss, I always do that and I'm sure it hlps. I was stuck last week until I had PMT and ate 42 bars of chocolate - was gutted cos thought I'd blown the diet, then tried on my far too tight jeans yesterday and they fitted!
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
Thanks Shona - I'm gonna take that as the green light to go & munch my way through loads of my beloved choc that I've soooooooooo been missing - tee hee!!!!  :005:

I know what you mean though - it gets stuck, you have a blowout & then it gets going again - well that's what I'm hoping anyway!!  :lol:

Max seems a lot better today - just off to the vet for his checkup - wonder if he'll be quite so keen to go in today as he usually is!! He's still shaking his head every now & then & having the odd scratch but I guess it's cos it's prob still a bit sore & irritated? We'll see - fingers crossed.

;)
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 10:02:44 AM »
shona - 42 bars of chocolate???   Is that in a week or in a day???
you sound like me - once I start on chocolate I cannot stop!!!

Petra

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 10:04:47 AM »
I am so glad little max is feeling back to his normal self and hope the check up goes well :)

As far as teh diet I am convinced occasional naughtiness is needed to make the diet work - it makes you work doubly as hard afterwards!!  I definitely know what you mean about the levelling off period i think i've just about started kicking back into weight loss but its frustrating!

Keep up the good work :D
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 10:45:33 AM »
Hi again - just back after a check up & a walk - he was gutted he couldn't go in the fields though bless him!!  :-\

He's got some cleaning fluid & some drops for a few days & then it's back to the normal ear routine of cleaning once a week & checking every day.   :blink:

He wasn't quite so keen to get in there today though!!  :005:

We're off on holiday with him for 10 days on Thursday so I'm so gad we got it sorted beforehand - we'll have to be very careful with him while we're away though cos we're going to the Lake District & then onto Scotland & we were planning on doing a lot of walking & swimming.  :D

D'you think we should keep him out of water for a few days? Didn't think to ask the vet!  ::)

Right, best get on with some washing & stuff now then - hope it might keep my mind off the chocolate - you girls have got me drooling now!!!!!!!!!!!!  :005: :005: :005:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »
I'm really glad Max got on ok at the vets, don't really blame him for not being too keen to go in though, poor boy!  :005:

I don't know about keeping him out of the water... I do know that with Alfie it would be impossible, he even tries to climb into the shower with me in the mornings  ::)

Good luck with the washing and don't think about chocolate!!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/