Author Topic: Truman is in hospital  (Read 4745 times)

Offline tadobunny

• Site Member
Truman is in hospital
« on: August 20, 2006, 02:06:40 PM »
Hello,

My boyfriend and i were at a wedding this weekend, so we left the boys in the hands of our most trusted and capable friends, all weekend we got updates on how they were and as usual they were great, untill 1hour before they were due to get dropped off at home when we got a call saying Truman had gotten under Tim's feet whilst he was running and been badly winded.
He was having trouble breathing so they rushed him stright to the vets. We got there as soon as we could to find him crying ans taking really short breaths laying down in a oxygen tank...i am devestated as are my friends who were taking care of them.  :'( :'( He is staying at the vet's over night so they can keep a close eye on him.... i can't wait to get him home.

Helen  :'(

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Re: Truman is in hospital
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 02:09:20 PM »
Ohh Helen i'm sorry to hear about Trueman what a shock for all concerned :'(  I really hope he has a quick recovery and is back home with you soon.

Sending him lots of healing thoughts, please keep us posted on his progress, poor lamb it sounds nasty.

Take care x

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »
Oh how awful for you all.  What a horrible end to your weekend.   :'(  I hope your friends aren't too hard on themselves, puppies are always under your feet and there was many a time when I nearly fell over because I realised at the last minute that I was about to tread on Milo.  I hope Truman feels better soon and you have him home and back to his usual mad Cocker self before long.  Keep us all posted on his progress...
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »
Oh Helen I am sorry to hear about Truman.  You must be really worried.  He is in the best place - sure he will recover quickly and be back to normal in no time.  You will feel better once you get him home.  Keep us posted  :luv: :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 02:20:17 PM »
Hope he is OK & gets to come home soon

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 02:22:18 PM »
Awww bless him  :luv: i hope it's not long before he's home again.
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 02:24:21 PM »
Hope Truman is home soon.

How worrying, I hope your friends are ok as well, I would be mortified. Each time I go away, I dread it when they call me, incase something has happened.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline tadobunny

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 02:27:16 PM »
Hope Truman is home soon.

How worrying, I hope your friends are ok as well, I would be mortified. Each time I go away, I dread it when they call me, incase something has happened.

They are gutted, Tim was crying his eyes out when we saw them at the vets, it could have happened to anyone though, they love to get under your feet don't they!

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 02:30:21 PM »
Aw sorry to hear about this :'(. Just keep telling yourself that although you miss him dearly he is in the best possible place and it won't be long before he is home and you can spoil him rotten  :-*

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »
They are gutted, Tim was crying his eyes out when we saw them at the vets, it could have happened to anyone though, they love to get under your feet don't they!

Aah, bless.  It is very upsetting when this sort of thing happens when you are looking after someone else's precious babies.  Hope he doesn't feel tooo guilty or they may not want to look after them again!  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 02:46:43 PM »
So sorry to hear about Truman - hope he makes a full recovery and is back home with you soon.

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 02:58:45 PM »
Oh Helen, I can't imagine how worried you must be.  ph34r

I hope Truman recovers quickly and you can bring him home very soon.  I can't imagine how your friends must feel, but I hope they won't be too hard on themselves, because it really could of happened to any of us as we all know how pups have a habit of getting under your feet.

Sending you, your OH and Truman lots of hugs and cocker kisses  :luv:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 03:14:11 PM »
Poor little man - hope he feels better soon :-*
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Wendy G

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 03:16:37 PM »
Wishing Truman a speedy receovery, hope he is back home soon.
Wendy, Bailey & Stella

RIP Raisen, Badger,Murphy & Spud

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 03:17:33 PM »
What a horrible situation for all concerned  :'(  Hope little Trueman is feeling better soon.

Thoughts are with your friends and yourselves too.  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx