Author Topic: Raw Feeding Again: and I'm not sorry!  (Read 25089 times)

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
Re: Raw Feeding Again: and I'm not sorry!
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2006, 07:31:46 PM »
I have kept Dill's Barf diet very simple - he gets the frozen natures menu blocks, either chicken& liver, lamb dinner, rabbit dinner or tripe - mostly tripe.  I give a dollop of whizzed raw veg with these - veg varies, usually offcuts of what we have (broccoli stalks, those last 2 carrots in the bag etc etc...)  That is breakfast.

For dinner he gets either pork ribs, chicken wings, chicken legs and on the rare occasion I can find them lamb ribs.

If I forget to defrost he gets sardines in tomato sauce (small tin, usually 3 sardines)
with a raw egg on top.

Simplicity itself... :D

Petra

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »
Now that sounds more like it Petra!  Much simpler than everyone else does which I was finding a bit intimidating.  Looks like he is getting plenty of variety too  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Much simpler than everyone else does which I was finding a bit intimidating. 

Apologies if I have made BARF "intimidating" - Molo has a similar diet to Dill; pre-packed frozen mince, veggies and meat/bone combinations.

I don't think I will ever stop worrying about getting his vitamin and mineral balance right, though - I have fed complete dogfood for too long to entirely beleieve that all the nutrients that are printed on the back of the packets are also found in the nice, raw, simple diet that he has now  ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Penel

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2006, 09:03:37 PM »
I love the word "dollop"  :lol:

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2006, 10:23:46 PM »
Mine are having chicken wings or lamb ribs for breakfast every day and for tea on Sundays. And for tea on the other days they have mince and a dollop of veg 4 times, offal and a dollop of veg once and sardines/pilchards and egg once.
I hope that is balanced enough.  :-\ They seem to be enjoying it anyway!  :D 

Penel

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »
Mine are having chicken wings or lamb ribs for breakfast every day and for tea on Sundays. And for tea on the other days they have mince and a dollop of veg 4 times, offal and a dollop of veg once and sardines/pilchards and egg once.

sounds great to me ! :D

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2006, 10:36:16 PM »
sounds great to me ! :D
Oh good!  :D I spent hours reading the books and BARF threads to see what other people did. Then working out percentages of body weights and food groups.  ph34r Then when I drew up the menu, it all seemed so simple!  ::)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2006, 05:12:58 PM »

You've just described Alfie's diet exactly except that he has tripe and an egg for tea on Sundays! Phew!  :D

I thought I was doing it wrong as it seemed really simple compared to some stuff I've read on BARF diets!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/