Author Topic: Ears  (Read 593 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Ears
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
Blue has been scratching his ears a little.  Tried, without success to administer some Leo's.  Have cut the long hairs around his ears just in case they were causing the itching. 
This morning two of us tried to have a go with the Leo's and when Blue saw the bottle he ran off  >:(  Managed to coax him back but he was really really distressed, so have left it.  I am now thinking that Thornits would be a lot easier, its just that the vet recommended this before I had read about Thornits. 

Anyway my question to COL is how do you know whether the itching is due to wax or ear mites ??  Blue lets me mess with his ears but once the yellow bottle comes out you dont see him for dust  :005:

Thanks

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Ears
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:14:32 PM »
The vet should be able to see ear mites on examination. although a lot of wax can be produced when ear mites are present, they usually look at a sample under a microscope. ellie had earmites and i was given stronghold. I have used many liquid ear cleaners with my two and i cant say i like it very much.[nor do they  :005:] I now use the thornitts as this keeps the ears dry and also kills of mites
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.