Author Topic: Botty trouble worse.... Previously: "Feeling like a very bad mummy :("  (Read 7411 times)

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
Re: Botty trouble worse.... Previously: "Feeling like a very bad mummy :("
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2006, 05:37:10 PM »
Piccies next to a universal object....a wine bottle!!!

I think Barney might have got bored at this point  :005:  :005:  :005:

BTW - he has just had a walk so is wet and muddy!!!
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2006, 06:35:03 PM »
He is 15 months old and fully grown but he is very small.  His ribs don't stick out, but when you run your hand over his back you can feel them.  A few weeks ago when visiting my mum (who always feeds him titbits) everyone was commenting that he looked a bit podgy, but when he comes away from her home we have more off lead walks and i guess we haven't been adjusting his food rations. Straight after eating his tummy does bloat (a little like mine does after a huge take away!)

We did move from Burns to JWB a little while back but it just didn't seem to suit him so we switched back.  We might well give arden grange a go - can you get AG at PaH?  His poos on burns are very variable - sometimes really firm and well looking and other times quite soft. 

If we were to try adding raw eggs and such do i have to do it gradually or shall i start adding oen every other day?  Are they likely to have effects on his poos?  I can see this being a pretty circular change as any change in diet could bring on more anal gland issues...?

His height is ~35 cm from paw to shoulder - i don't know if this makes him a smaller cocker or not...  We don't have much central heating on (because we are in a flat it is fairly warm) but sometimes do in the evenings so i suppose it could be that.

I will try and get a photo of him next to something universal so people can judge his size from that.

i get arden grange via my local pet shop - their website is really good tho and they deliver in 2 days max.  i know you must be petrified that adding anything will bring on the dreaded glands....i was....but the sardines/pilchards seem to be ok on jarv's tum.  eggs are ok too...but i  don't give him too much protein at once, and i keep away from pigs ears as they seem to go straight through him!!!  is he on bran too??

35cm in my books makes barney quite a dinky boy :luv: and a very gorgeous one too :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

maybe it's the wine that are bring on the bot probs? :005: >:D  restrict him to half a bottle a night i reckon ;) :005: :005:

rachel, if he's not on the anti-b's i would get some acidophilus from the health food shop - this will help balance his gut and hopefully that will also help 'tother end as well

helen & jarvis x

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2006, 10:27:20 PM »
I will have a hunt for arden grange tomorrow locally and i might also treat him to some pilchards/sardines  :luv: I bet he loves you lot at COl persuading him to get loads of yummy food!!!

I will keep you up to date with how it is going!!

Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2006, 04:42:28 AM »
I think Barney looks great!  Lovely and adoreable  :luv: :luv:  His back fur just looks a bit fluffy to me.  My Bailey's coat is fluffy like that too on his back and he's fed on BARF and he gets extra oils added to his food.  The texture of his fur is just not sleek and shiny, but the vet said Bailey is in perfect health.  Anyways, it makes him extra soft to pet  ;) :D.  Our vet is also into Hills Science Plan...hmmmm...
Bailey and Mom

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2006, 11:11:48 AM »
Ive been trying really hard to measure Rollo's actual height from floor to shoulder I think hes only 30 cms. he wiggles so much. his weight bounces around a fair bit depending on what he is doing. he goes from 10 kgs to 11 ish he looks really muscley but is prone to being a bit ribby and I sometimes have to feed him up. his tum is huge after a feed too I think its because hes small you don't notice bigger dogs doing that the same. I have the advantage of being able to see his body as it is not disguised by loads of hair.
 One of my sisters deerhounds is prone to being skinny.. she is so fussy and is  a pain in the bum to feed she isn't interested in any food for long. she looks fine due to her shaggy coat but when you pat her you feel her bones a bit . she has been at the vets attended diet classes ( to put on weight) and she hasn't changed. the vet says she is healthy in every other way and for my sister to stop worrying. Maggie herself bounces happily through life not concerned at all.
 in your pic barney looks great his coat looks ok too, our vets get commission on science diet.. they try to push it too. mine get barf or working dog complete kibble. I add bran if I think they are needing it. I think you would know if your dog was hungry and not putting on weight at 7.4 kgs your dog is not overweight and has room for putting a bit more on, he may still be filling out some dogs mature more slowly. next time make an appt with the original vet or go back before 2 months if you are worried .