Author Topic: Barney in vets, husband horrible  (Read 2320 times)

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Re: Barney in vets, husband horrible
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
Poor Barney, hope he is okay now, and hope your okay,  :luv:
Men dont think sometimes do they, and today it was your oh's turn, I would of been more annoyed that he expected you to take the kids out this time of night when you were already stressed, put it behind YOU, but dont let HIM forget it  >:(

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 05:07:18 AM »
Just read this now, its 5am and ive been awake and up for ages , if my OH did that (he wouldnt cause he knows what would happen  :005:) i would be hoovering now  :D and ive got a VERY long memory i would wait til he needed a favour and tell him remember when barney was in the vets , then it would be **** off, i have to say my OH wouldnt do that as he would have been straight to the vets himself with the dog  :angel:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 08:00:06 AM »
watch this doesnt escalate and become a tit for tat  game making you both unhappy.
 better still get him on his own maye not today but when hes well and you are calm and have "that " chat.
 get it all off your chest. if the worst comes to the worst get counselling.
 what would he have done had it been one of the kids needing to go to out of hours would he have waited in with the rest or told you to take them with you as well. ?

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 08:34:09 AM »
Hope Barney is feeling better this morning  :luv:

As for your OH  >:D  just confirms to me that there are many advantages to being single  :shades:  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »
I hope Barney is better, and you are all feeling a little less frazzled this morning  :-*

As for your OH  >:D  just confirms to me that there are many advantages to being single  :shades:  :005:

Not all men are like that - my OH was horrified when he read this thread  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Vino tinto !

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »
I would scrub the toilet with his toohbrush and enjoy laughing to myself when he used it next time !!!  ph34r

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »
I would scrub the toilet with his toohbrush and enjoy laughing to myself when he used it next time !!!  ph34r

:005: :005: :005:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
Just ignore him  ;) Laaalaaalalallaaaalllalallalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  :lol2: And remember smile  :D

oh yes, people hate being ignored
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 09:41:03 PM »
                                                                                                                                    :lol2: :lol2: cant say much, but kizzy has lovely clean teeth  :005: :005:, how is you barney now , really hope hes ok
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »
Hope Barney is ok now.

Offline barnacle

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »
Barney is OK now, he keeps licking his wounds, I am hoping he will stop, we don't want one of those collars!

Offline LesleyW

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
Poor Barney - why dont you try cutting a tight sock and sliding it over her leg so he cant get to the wound?

.....I would use one his socks, one of his best ones.......  :shades:

Offline Guelder Rose

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 09:40:02 AM »
This reminded me of when I had an OH .. Rosie had Pancreatitis in 2004 and therefore had to follow a special diet.  My OH at the time had children and when we all began living together I had to put in place certain rules where food was concerned (i.e. no tidbits, no food to be left around, within reach, etc) .. the rules weren't followed and Rosie would find sweets and chocolate in the kids bedrooms, etc (try telling everyone to keep their bedroom door shut, or even try to keep closing all the doors everytime they are left open .. it just does not work!).  Anyway, when I was talking to OH about how to prevent this happening his response was "It's not my problem if your dog eats food it's not supposed to!"  From that day forth, until I moved out (!!!), accidents were avoided by his 6 year old daughter working with me to protect Rosie from finding food left lying around .. the other children all became more aware of the need not to leave food lying around and the only person who consistently left food lying around was OH!  On one particular day I walked into the room where he had been and he had left cooked chicken bones (leftover from his meal) on his plate on the floor .. it was pure luck that I found them before Rosie .. and on another occasion he left a whole bowl of full fat milk for her to find, but I found it first.  I stopped trying to talk to him about it, he just totally resented everything and anything to do with Rosie .. so I just worked around the problem until we moved out.

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »
Glad Barney is ok!poor wee doogie.....sounded soooooooo painfull!

Hope ur OH did lots of sucking up if not, I would arrange a night out with your friends, tell him he is watching the kids, oh and since he'll be home all night he might as well get on with the washing, ironing, hoovering..........  :005: