Author Topic: Horrible Accident - Indy's Scalded - UPDATE  (Read 4017 times)

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
Re: Horrible Accident - Indy's Scalded
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
Please dont be too hard on yourself  :'(  It was just an accident and like everyone else has said, it can and does happen to anyone!  I am sure Indy will be back to her usual self really soon, I hope the vet is happy with her on Weds when you go back. Fingers crossed.

Cocker kisses from Molly and Jagger to Indy  :-*

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »
What a horrible accident, don't be too hard on yourself.  My dad's JRT fell off the sofa, head/nose first into a boiling hot cup of coffee and it took a few days for the burns to show properly.  Thankfully the wee JRT was fine and I'm sure Indy will be too  :-*

Thanking of you both  :-*

Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 10:38:10 PM »
Please don't blame yourself, it could happen to any of us.  Hope Indy recovers quickly.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »
Poor you and poor Indie - hope she is on the mend soon  :luv: :-*

You must have had a real shock, but sounds like she still loves you - give her loads of love and cuddles and don't beat yourself up

Big {{HUGS}} to you all  :luv: :-*

Offline screamingswifts

• Limited Member
  • Fargo the Scruff Butt
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 11:23:22 PM »
Aw big hugs to Indy, she won't blame you, so don't blame yourself  :-* With my 3 mutts and 3 cats all roaming around I'm surprised this hasn't happened here  ::) I was moving something from the stove to the sink yesterday and nearly tripped over one of them.....accidents happen.

Hope she's doing ok :luv:

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 11:31:12 PM »
As everyone has said accidents happen. Willow is always under our feet.
Hope Indy is soon better and then you will feel better too.
Take care

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
How is indy doing today?
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »
Poor wee Indy  :'( It's just a matter of time until I burn one of mine; they're at my side constantly and I'm forever tripping over them.

I know about the blaming yourself thing. My wee cat was trying to get out of the kitchen window and pulled a just used frying pan over on herself. I felt absolutely terrible. She had a nasty burn, but I am pleased to say that it healed really well and she was back to her old self in no time.

Sending healing thoughts. x
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline Lynne L

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 10:34:18 AM »
Hope both Indy and you are recovering from such a nasty shock. As other people have said, this is an accident that could happen to many of us - Paddy frequently sneaks in behind me when I am cooking or removing items from the oven etc. We call him the 'hidden paw' for his stealth tactics. He has frequently had cake mix or flour dropped on his head on one of his sneaky beaky kitchen appearances.

Our cat once burnt her paws when she jumped on the worksurface in our new house when I had left the kitchen and walked across a solid hob that was cooling after I had been cooking - I felt awful as she burnt the pad on one of her front paws and required painkillers and a temporary dressing. Have to say it healed well and quickly with no lasting damage. Our other cat narrowly avoided a burnt paw and mouth after hooking a hot sausage out from under the grill once when I was answering the phone - these things happen, never intended and despite best efforts to remove our pets from the kitchen when cooking- not always easy to police!

The main thing is that you sought prompt attention from your vet. Indy has pain killers and knows she is loved. Hope she is on the mend
Take care of yourselves
Sending a hug
Lynne
x :luv:

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »
How is indy doing today?
She seems to be OK, she's stopped shaking her head but still won't let you touch her ear to examine it so there's definitely something going on there, she's been a little trooper and not scratched so we've not had to use the collar yet. I keep tormenting my self with visions of hideous weeping sores and her ear coming off, OH tells me not to be stupid but I can't help it.

We had gentle cuddles on the sofa last night, with her giving big snuffly sighs every now and then, I still feel really bad about what's happend and I'm half hoping the vet will shave her ear 'cos my mind won't be at rest until I can actually see what's happend and be able to treat it.

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
Sorry to hear this Sue, I'm sure she knows its was an accident.  Hopefully it won't be that bad.  They heal really quickly so fingers crossed she will be better very soon

Roxy sends some cocker kisses and hugs  :luv:

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 07:37:35 AM »
I am so sorry to read this but "there for the grace of God" I could certainly be there with you.
Jasper in particular loves to lie in the kitchen when you are in there - cool floor I think.
I pray that she will be fine and that you recover from the frightening experience as well
Lots of cuddles to Indy
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 06:09:48 PM »
I've just read this, Sue & I was so sorry to read about Indie's unfortunate accident.

........."there but for the grace of God" I could certainly be there with you.

Exactly, our dogs are very often under my feet in the kitchen (Rooney, our house-guest, is particularly bad for that!! ::)) so it could easily have happened to me, too. ;)   

I do hope she soon recovers. :-*
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline BabyB

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »
Is Indy better today?
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
Re: Horrible Accident - Indy's Scalded - UPDATE
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »
Back from the vets with goodish news - the burns nowhere near as bad as first thought, we're still unable to see it but can feel where it is, her fur took the worst of the heat, and, thank god for knotty fur under her ears, I knew it was there and it was on my to-do list to remove with the clippers and hadn't got round to it, but it's saved her from being seriously hurt.

It's still going to be a few days before we know how bad the burn is, but she's been really lucky.

New rule - no dogs allowed in the kitchen anymore when I'm cooking.  >:D (I still shudder to think about if it had gone in her eye. )